Friday, January 11, 2008

January 10, 2008

Right after I finished posting yesterday's update, I got back to work on Deftly Wrought. I stitched until about 3am and went to bed around 4am.

I had to volunteer this morning, as I'd agreed to drive another member of Partners In Care to a doctor's appointment. When I was asked, I was feeling much better. If I'd known how bad I was going to be feeling today, I never would have said yes. But I didn't feel that I could cancel at the last minute, so I got up and picked up Miss Milly at 10:15 to drive her to her appointment. The one good thing, though, was that I finished the second of the four mini-samplers across the top, so now I can start on that third one!

I got home at 11am and went right back to bed. I didn't wake up until after 6pm. Uncle Wes said that Kasey went for their usual walk with him, but when he let her off the leash she ran straight back to the house, instead of sniffing around the deer trail in our field like she usually does. Then I found out that the neighbor knocked on the door sometime while I was asleep. Apparently Kasey thought I was too sick to bother barking to let me know. The only way I found out was because of the note Uncle Wes found on the door.

I'm still dehydrating every night and have no idea why. I've been taking my meds to try to slow down the fluid loss, but nothing seems to be working. During both dialysis treatments this week I've been given almost 1,000mL of fluids, yet when I get back for the next treatment, I've lost over 2kg (2,000mL) of weight. I'm now over six pounds less than what my weight should be.

I have to get up early in the morning to see the cardiologist to follow up with what they found when I wore the 24-hour heart monitor a couple of weeks ago. I don't suspect anything, as I had to wear one when I got admitted to the hospital a month ago. But I will find out for sure tomorrow. I'm also hoping to feel well enough to stitch, because I absolutely didn't after I woke up this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!