Tuesday, April 1, 2008

March 29-31

Okay, so the weekend was a bust as far as stitching goes, but I did finally get most of my stash organized and I pulled out the things that I know I'll never stitch. Since I'm spending next weekend with two stitchers, I'm taking those items with me so they can take a look at them and take what they want.

To my shock and amazement, Uncle Wes told me when I woke up Saturday morning that he's going to
finally change the kitchen faucet since it's leaking so bad nothing's coming out of the spout. I honestly thought he'd wait a while. Considering the number of dishes waiting to be washed, I wasn't looking forward to that. The new faucet is in and it works great. The best part is that I don't have water shooting out the back and running all over the counter anymore!

I spent my day periodically picking up in the livingroom and helping Wessy, as well as watching some of the movies on my DVR. My main focus, however, was my blog. I caught it up to Friday and finally completed "My Life in Blinkies" which was alot of fun. I've gathered some from others' sites as well as some free Blinkies sites. Basically, they describe an aspect of me or something I strongly believe in. There are things I like, and the last section is for laughs but still pertain to me. See how organized I am? There's a method to my madness! MUHHAHAHAHAHAH!

I spent most of Sunday organizing my stash and pulling out things I know I'll never stitch. I also continued cleaning up the livingroom and getting rid of all the things piled up around my chair. Now I have a tray on my end table for my meds, my camera (because I use it to take my "Daily Progress" photos), my salt flakes (for when I'm dehydrated), and my cell phone and bluetooth headset. My end table has been cleaned off to also hold my Golden Retriever page-a-day calendar and my two coasters (Alot of times I have my 1/2 gallon for iced tea and a mug of hot tea or chocolate in here). My "Laptop Table" finally has just that on it, but my third table-yes, I have three!-is a little junked up still. I put a basket on the floor by my chair to hold my stitching bag and a couple other things.

I was talking to Debi Murray tonight on Messenger and we were discussing my stitching slump. I didn't do any stitching at home all weekend, nor have I stitched at home for a quite a while now. I really want Deftly Wrought finished, but I just don't want to stitch on it. I've finally come to the conclusion that I need to put it aside rather than continue to mentally beat myself up about not stitching it. Instead, I'm going to take a little break and completely switch stitching directions to work on one of the two Navy Emblems I need to do for Uncle Wes this year. He picked an off-white Aida that I bought at the Upscale Retail Boutique run by
Partners in Care. The emblem is approximately 7 2/3 x 7 2/3" on 18ct. I figured that, since I have to do two of them, I'll do one now and one later in the year because I know I don't want to have to do two in a row! Right before I went to bed, I pulled the floss and put it in an empty Stitch Bow page and stuck the page and the chart pack with fabric in my stitching bag to take with me to dialysis tomorrow. I also pulled out two UFO's. One just needs backstitching and the other is A Bird For All Seasons by Dimensions that I'm re-starting. I'm hoping to work on them on Tuesdays because it's the ILCS UFO Day SAL.

Today (Monday), I did stitch at dialysis. I almost finished the eagle's head on the Navy Emblem. Unfortunately, I had to stop stitching because I got a really bad headache. It felt like it was going to escalate into a migraine, so I took two Aleve right away.

We only have one bathroom at home, so I called Uncle Wes to explain the situation and ask him to take a shower before I got there because I was either going straight to bed or soaking in the bathtub. I know it's unconventional, but alot of times I find relief from pain by soaking in a very hot tub of water. Add a lightly-scented votive candle and some soft iPod music and I'm asleep and pain-free! It may only last a while, but anyone who has chronic or recurring pain will tell you any time is better than no time!


When I got home at quarter after six, I put my iPod on my iHome radio, turned on a Flute Podcast softly, and went straight to bed. I didn't wake up til 9pm and the headache was gone!

I saw the Golden Retriever by Pegasus Originals chart pack in my recliner when I woke up and considered pulling the floss for it. I was going to put it in a Stitch Bow page so I could work on it as well, but remembered the floss that needed to be put in my storage binders.

I got all my floss except for duplicates put away, but my three storage binders were stretched to maxium capacity. They're designed to hold eight full pages each and mine had ten to twelve pages. I looked up and noticed the four 3-ring binders sitting on the floor beside my stash tote and thought "
Why pay $7.99 for a Stitch Bow binder when you have some right here?" So I grabbed the three white ones and only left eight pages in each of the Stitch Bow binders. I even made separate pages for the variegated and metallic flosses now that I have extra room. There are five binders of floss and there's room to grow! The fifth binder only has one and a half pages of variegated floss and a half a page of metallic. I looked up and saw it was 11:57pm and wanted to say I stitched at home but I had to end my floss and it was midnight before I got the needle threaded. GRR! Needless to say...no stitching at home...again (WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!). At least I can say I did stitch today, though!

3 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you have been organizing and cleaning at the same time. I need to organize more; I started but then stopped and now I think I have more to do than when I started. How is that possible?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blinkies! I love the "I see dumb people" and "never underestimate..." Too cute Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the stitching slump, but at least you are getting organized.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!