Thursday, May 29, 2008

May 4-10, 2008

I left Sue's around 10:30am and arrived at dialysis in plenty of time for my treatment on Monday afternoon.
I finished 5 O'Clock by Sisters & Best Friends at 1:44 Friday morning. Unfortunately my desktop computer started acting up on me, so I couldn't get any progress pictures, but I do have a picture of the completed piece. Besides my time at the beach, I only stitched on this for three days this week.

During Friday's dialysis treatment, I worked on Stars & Stripes by Little House Needleworks. After having to frog the front of the house again, I was able to make a little progress.

I left for Mom's around 7:30 Friday night to spend Mother's Day weekend with her. After I to got there, I stitched on the second ornment in my Dinky-Dyes chart pack. It's called Celtic Christmas. I'm doing it on Silkweaver's 32ct Jobelan. I've had this fabric since last year when Kim P from MO sent it to me in a Favorite Color exchange. I was looking for just the right piece to stitch on it and this ornament is surely that!

I went with Sara, Ian's girlfriend, to pick him up from work. Ian works until after midnight, so we didn't have to leave until 11:30pm. We stopped at the Somewhere Saloon for a couple drinks once we picked him up. I thought the name of the bar was funny considering I just finished 5 O'clock earlier that day. They have clocks set to the current time for places all over the world because it's 5:00 somewhere!

Once we got back to Mom's, Ian and Sara had to go to bed. They have to leave at 6:30am with Mom and Dad to go to Baltimore where Dad was playing music with Detour. It's something to do with the Kenny Chesney concert later that night.

When I woke up Saturday, I had the house all to myself! Well, Jake was with me, but he slept all day. Jake is Mom's dog.

I went to the JoAnn's Superstore in Newark, Delaware to get supplies to make PS: Mom and PS: Dad into no-sew cubes. It took a while, but I finally found the right fabrics and ribbons to finish both cubes. I also got some more kits for Breanna's birthday, along with the pins I would need for the cubes.

I spent all afternoon upstairs in Mom's craft room working on the cube for PS:Mom. And I have to say I'm very pleased with the way it turned out!

The piece de resistance? I used pearl-headed pins as feet! These are so easy to do and I highly recommend every stitcher create at least one! Everything is pinned together, hence the name!
The gang came home from the concert earlier than I thought they would, so Mom got her cube a little early. I wasn't expecting them until after midnight, so I left it on her bed along with the Pine Mtn. Pillow I stitched for her.
The ribbon was such a close match to my stitching and the fabric, she thought I stitched the pink on it! Her jaw hit the ground when I told her I bought it like that and found some for Dad's cube, too! I wanted to make them something that could sit on the top of their bureaus, and I also wanted them to match. The ribbons tie them together beautifully, if you'll pardon the pun.

After everyone went to bed, I went upstairs to my room and stitched on a new project. I felt like I had stitching ADHD again, though. I worked on three different projects yesterday and then I started yet another. I began working on Hinzeit's Mini Block: America. I changed out the colors and instead of doing the blocks in blue and the letters in red, I used WDW Independence (varigated red, white, and blue) and Americana (bright blue) for the blocks and letters respectively. If I like the way it turns out, I'm going to do Mini Block: Freedom using the same colors.

I started writing a journal this weekend. Some things I can't put here, either because they're personal, or because I don't want anyone knowing how really screwy my thought processes are. So that's how I ended my night: writing about the day's activities in my journal, laying in bed in Mom's upstairs guest room with the heater going to keep me toasty warm.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been working hard at catching up now that you have thrown the challenge out the window. Very nice pictures of all WIP and finishes. I love the no sew cubes! Your Mom's turned out beautiful; can't wait to see a picture of your Dad's.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!