Monday, June 2, 2008

June 1, 2008

Wow! The first of June, already! Can you believe it? Hey, did you realize? My blog is up to date?! I can't tell you how many nights I've worked on getting April and May done, but they're finally published!

So it's June. Five months of 2008 are history, both figuratively and literally. I've trashed all my stitching lists. There is still that goal: 100 Finishes in 2008. Yep, I'm still going for it! As of right now I have 25 finishes. I'm a quarter of the way there but we're 5/12 of the way through the year. That's almost half-way. I guess I need to do more bread covers and smaller pieces. That's how I finished 49 pieces from August 26th-December 31st last year. I need to kick it into high gear!

I didn't do any stitching today to speak of. I think I put in about 4 stitches on Stars and Stripes, but they were all half-x's. I've finally completed both rows of the border, but I have to make the other half of the x's going the other way. I'm just so anxious to get this piece done. Or should I say I'm anxious to start something else? That's more truthful. I can't tell you how many times I've changed my mind on what I'll stitch next. First, it was Nature's Alphabet, then it was Celtic Christmas, then back to Nature's Alphabet. Today I decided on Woodland Violet Sampler. Who knows what I'll actually wind up stitching?

I'd love to start one of my really big projects, but I'm determined to get as close to 100 finishes as possible. I don't have time to devote three or more months exclusively to a large project. Unless someone knows how to add 10 hours to each day? Then I might have enough time to work on Common Ground and still get those 100 finishes! Hey! I can dream, can't I?

Well, better luck tomorrow, right? I have my entire dialysis treatment to work on Stars & Stripes, so I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!