Friday, June 13, 2008

June 12, 2008




The wardrobe is gone...the White Witch is dead,and Aslan has been missing for over a thousand years.

Now, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevinsie are beckoned back to Narnia to find a vastly different world, where a new enemy stalks the battlefield and the land's kindly creatures find themesleves on the brink of extinction.

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN, the second motion picture based on C.S. Lewis' beloved series of literary classics. The film continues the spectacular story that began with "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."

All I can say is "Wow!" I finally remembered I wanted to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and looked up showtimes online. Lucky for me that I did because today is the last day it'll be in our theater! I went to the 6:30 showing at the Annapolis Mall Bow Tie 11.

I loved it! I don't want to give it away for anyone that hasn't already seen it, but I absolutely loved this movie! I watch the first one over and over on my DVR and I have a strong feeling the same will be said of Prince Caspian once it comes out. If you haven't seen either Chronicles of Narnia movie, I strongly urge you to rent them and watch, especially if you have kids. The special effects are amazing!

Edmund is noticably more mature yet Peter seems to have regressed in age until he and Caspian stop competing for control of Narnia. Lucy, in her innocence, is the only one who can see Aslan at first. And Susan kills more bad guys than the boys! At the end, we find out that Peter and Susan will never return to Narnia; they've learned all the lessons it has to teach, but Edmund and Lucy will be back. I know I never cried watching the first movie, but upon learning the Pevinsies must leave Narnia this time, and that the magic is over for Peter and Susan, I found tears in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I read the book last year that had all the stories it in. Now I'm afraid to watch the movies because they so rarely turn out the same. We have the first one on DVD so I need to just get over it and watch. Good movie to watch with the kids during our "Rest/Nap time" over the summer.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!