Friday, June 6, 2008

June 6, 2008

Since I still had the anesthesia in my system, I went to bed pretty early (for me); about 2:00am. Unfortunately I didn't sleep well at all. I think I woke up every thirty to sixty minutes all night long. Then to add insult to injury, my graft was clotted AGAIN when my dialysis nurse checked it for blood flow today. AARRRRRGGGGH!

I feel absolutely exhausted today and didn't try to do any stitching. Even if I weren't so tired, I'm pretty sure the pain in my arm would have prevented me from picking up a needle today. It doesn't look too bad, though, right? The U-shaped scar is from the needle sticks for the last two years, but I didn't bruise or anything this time! Sorry if I'm sharing too much, but that's what blogs are for!

And yes, I have to have another emergency surgery! The charge nurse called my doctor's office again to tell them my graft was clotted. Once again I was sent home, but this time I was told to not have anything to eat or drink after midnight and to expect a call before 8am telling me when I need to arrive at the hospital Saturday. I have a number to call if I don't hear anything by 8:00.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the graft will be entirely de-clotted this time. Otherwise, I have to have a catheter surgically placed in my chest and I really don't want that! I wouldn't be able to swim, shower, or anything if they put a catheter in. That would just ruin my summer and I'm really looking forward to going swimming and enjoying the dog beach with Kasey once the water gets warmer.

So that's my wonderful news today. But I'm keeping my thoughts positive that my graft will be fixed tomorrow and I'll be able to actually have my dialysis treatment on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you haven't had much fun at all the last couple of days. I hope it's getting better and that you are able to start feeling better and get some stitching done. (not to mention some much needed sleep!) Keep your chin up and think positive thoughts. You know, find your happy thought and keep it at the front of your mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that and have the Catheter!
    Sending you healing hugs and prayers that everything will go well. You are in my thoughts!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!