Sunday, September 7, 2008

September 6, 2008

HERE'S THIRTY!

This is God Bless America by Hob-Nobb Designs, my 30th cross-stitch finish of the year. It's one of Hob-Nobb's "Doodles for Leftovers." All you get is the embellishment and the chart with a graphic of the design. Everything is contained in a little clear plastic case. They don't give you specific fabric or colors to use; the idea is to use materials already in your stash. That's where the "for leftovers" comes from. These are alot of fun to do. All the Doodles I've seen are 42x42 stitches so they stich up pretty fast.

After GBA was completed I took a picture but the white blended right into the fabric. I decided to change it but couldn't find anything that would work as a replacement. I eventually decided to use Kreinik Very Fine #4 Braid in silver and stitched over the white. Now the "Bless" and the bottom star are visible and I didn't have to frog them!

3 comments:

  1. Beth, I haven't sen any updates from you and haven't heard from you so I was getting very concerned! I'm glad to hear you are doing ok. I wish you were feeling better! My prayers are with you. Behave so you heal faster!

    hugs
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, glad to see you updating again !! This ones is so cute !!
    Patti xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a couple of Doodles, too. And they are fun :) Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!