I changed ALL the colors, used different fibers and fabric than what was called for, added two backstitched borders, and used charms and beads on my version. The original was supposed to be white on white with some teal and gold accents but didn't appeal to me. I've never seen the sense in stitching white specialty stitches on white fabric; you can't see the detail! Instead, I used lilac 28ct evenweave, some of the extra silks and purple beads from my Dinky Dyes ornament, the Dinky Dyes # 8 and #12 Perle cotton from Medley, and some star charms I had in my stash. The design, by the way, is a freebie from Victoria Sampler. The nametag is a free cyber course and is taken from VS's Thinking of You Sampler. If you're wondering "Why does she need a nametag?" the answer is simple. I'm planning on joining the Embroider's Guild of America and I would like to attend an American Needlepointer's Guild meeting this week. Both Guilds ask that you wear a nametag when you're attending their functions.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!