Since a certain little girl named Kasey Kay decided that I only needed to sleep for 4 1/2 hours, I was up at 8: 30 this morning, after working on my blog until 4am. I finished all my
updates around 2pm and then started a new project, Amethyst Snowflake by Just Nan. I only did a little bit of stitching before I had to take a nap this afternoon. I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.When I woke up at 7:15 tonight, I found a message from my mom's neighbor. I gave him and his wife my Saluki girl, Shandi, two years ago and they call me whenever they need someone to watch Shandi and their other Saluki, Nemo, for them. The only problem is that they live almost two hours away. I returned Joe's call and found out that he had to make an emergency trip to Belmont Park (the race track) tomorrow morning becuase a horse needed his attention up there. Since he's already going to be in New York, he's going to pick up Susan and bring her home. They need me to walk and feed the Gruesome Twosome for the day. Of course I said yes, so I quickly packed a couple changes of clothes, my laptop, and my stitching and headed up to Elkton around 8pm.
The bonus was that it gave Mom and I some time together. I just had to go over to Joe & Susan's every few hours to walk Shandi & Nemo and feed them around 7:00.
Dad had to fill in for someone in a band Sunday morning at a tailgate party near Raven's Stadium, so he and Mom left while I was at Joe & Susan's this morning. I had the house all to myself since Ian moved to his apartment in Pennsylvania last weekend. I spent my time reading email, chatting with Debi and Cherie online, stitching Amethyst Snowflake and sleeping.I woke up from my nap around 4pm to find Mom and Dad home. Sarah was over with Anna and Caleb, so we all watched the kids run around and play and ask to be picked up upon occasion. Sarah was having dinner with a friend so she and the kids went there around 5:30.
Mom, Dad, and I played Uno for about an hour after dinner. Then Mom and I played Skip-O when Dad went to watch tv. We had hot chocolate together and ate some baby asparagus spears wrapped with proscuitto. It's one of our favorite snacks! Later, just before I went to bed, Mom made some chocolate chip cookies. I didn't eat mine, but I have them for tomorrow!











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




I jsut got this pattern, too!! I am waiting for my Soie threads to come, and need to choose a fabric, but a group of us are doing a SAL on ILCS!! Too cool...
ReplyDeleteBeing from NY, the Belmont comment perked my ears up!! Glad you enjoyed the bonus Mom time!!