Friday, November 21, 2008

November 20, 2008

First off, it is official: Ebb Tide is completed! I put the last bead on just before 6:00am, and I mean JUST! Then I looked at it around 6:30 and saw that the five beads inside the metallic Jessicas faced the opposite direction from all the others so I had to take them out and re-do them. It was going to bug me too much if I didn't. I know it sounds like I had alot to do if I was finishing up ET at 6am, but I didn't get started on my stitching until after 3:30. I was watching DVR recordings and got caught up in that, rather than stitching as I watched.

Ebb Tide, by Northern Pine Designs, is my 44th stitching finish of 2008. I have 42 cross stitch finishes, two needlepoint finishes (my only two ever), and eight sewing finishes this year, for a total of (drum roll, please) 52 completions for 2008!


Amy Miller is my partner for the Chatty Stitching Exchangers' Advent Exchange this year. The box arrived today and my jaw hit the ground. It was HUGE! This is what was in it!
Amy told me that there was a card in the box that I needed to open immediately and something for "before." This is what I found. It's the 2008 JCS Christmas Ornament Issue. I've already found a couple specialty stitch ornies that are calling my name. I will probably pull the fabric and fibers for at least one of them late tonight (as in after midnight, so you have to wait til tomorrow's update to see what I choose). I got a couple peeks because things had slipped out of their bags, so I know that Amy really did her homework on me. U
nfortunately the Yankee Candle is broken so we are working on getting a refund for it and having it replaced. Amy, you absolutely humble me with these wonderful packages. I can't wait to open them all!

Amy told me there were cookies in the tin, which is Package #1, so I was allowed to open that up today, too. She said that the cookies were probably stale, but I took a bite of a broken one and it was delicious! I'm not sure exactly what's in Oatmeal Scotchies, but I thought it was great! I'm not really big into chocolate and sweet stuff so these are perfect! Thank you, Amy!

I have to wait until December 2nd to open any more packages. There is one for each day in December, up to and including Christmas Day. There is an envelope for that day, so I'm really curious to see what Amy has come up with for my "big gift."

I didn't do any stitching after waking up. I just can't decide what I want to work on. I pulled out the Purple Passion Butterfly by Northern Pine Designs and A Stitcher's Companion by Enchanting Lair once again, but I didn't touch either of them after that. I spent the afternoon watching DVR recordings, taking pictures, and looking at the ornie issue. I just wasn't motivated to do much today. Maybe it's still a carry-over of my fluid retention yesterday.

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours on your Ebb Tide and lucky you, what a wonderful package you received...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish!! Looks like you have some great things to open next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW EBB TIDE is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

    What a great package you received.... have fun opening them all as the days go by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ebb Tide looks amazing! I love it! I also love all the packages for your advent exchange. It looks like you've got a great partner for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ebb Tide is simply gorgeous! Are you framing it? And your Advent exchange.... Wow what a fabulous collection of gifts to open. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ebb Tide is beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ebb Tide is gorgeous - about how big is the finished design? And how will you finish it? I'm so impressed with your Advent Exchange. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finishes are so exciting! Thanks for sharing the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful piece! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Ebb Tide turned out just beautiful. You did a fantastic stitching job.
    Judi in N CA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ebb Tide is wonderful. I am nearing the end of Sedona Rain, a painted canvas. The Advent exchange is something I have not heard of before. What a fun idea ! Visit me at wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ebb Tide is beautiful...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ebb Tide is gorgeous !! Love the colors !!!
    It looks like you are going to have a stunning december with all those packages !!
    Patti xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo! Congrats on getting ebb tide finished. You did a wonderful job.

    Now that's what i call a package!! She did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Finish & Stellar exchange partner! Have fun with those packages!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is really beautiful, I just love the colors.and the goodies someone out did them self.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Ebb Tide is simply gorgeous! Congratulations! What a great exchnge you received.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!