Sunday, November 23, 2008

November 22, 2008

I continued working on Hinzeit's Fancy Mini Block USA after midnight. I tried going to sleep around 1:30am but finally gave up when I was still awake at 3:00. Since I was wide awake I went back to stitching on USA. After sleeping from 9am til 4:30 this afternoon, I started on USA once again. At 8:07pm I put the last stitch in and I was done putting the charms on by 8:30. USA is my 45th stitching finish of 2008! My total stitching/sewing finishes for this year is up to 55 now. I'm still not sure how I will finish-finish it, but I'm happy to have another project completed from my stash.


This is the beginning of The Sweetheart Tree's Friendship. I've had this kit in my stash for quite some time and decided to stitch on it because Friendship is one of the things this time of year is all about. I think I'm going to frame this so that when I finally move into my apartment, I can put it in the foyer. The verse that is stitched over-one in the middle is "Friendship is the thread that binds two hearts together" I love it, and it's so appropriate for me. I'm very excited to see this stitched up. I may even try to find another finishing technique to make it even more special. Suggestions, anyone??

8 comments:

  1. Your finish came out really cute. Looking forward to seeing your friendship done up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth. I so know what you mean about not sleeping...it happens to me all the time. I love your USA finish and the charms are so cute. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to say I don't have a suggestion, but this looks great.

    What floss did you use for the beginning on the new piece? It's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your prolific stitching finishes. That is remarkable by anyone's standard. As for finishing, I like quick and easy finishing and have two ideas that I might use. 1) Use it as an insert on the cover of a photo album. Your photos could be of all things American; 2) I love the pre-finished pillows from www. trail creek farm. com and have used them myself. I believe they have one that has a patriotic theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute finish, Beth. When you figure a good way to finish Friendship, tell me! I'm stitching it, too (in between others :) for a friend. I better get on the stick, as I'd like to have it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Gratz on another finish :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!