After the post office I stopped at the credit union and the gas station. I know gas is less expensive across town, but $2.34 wasn't too bad. Since prices keep dropping I didn't fill up but put just enough in for the next week or so.
I really wanted to go back to bed when I returned home but I had to stay awake so that I could get to my dialysis treatment on time. I didn't do any stitching there because I was so tired. I was afraid I would make a mistake so my stitching remained in its bag. I did get alot of reading done before I dozed off, though. Once I got home, I was out like a light! I didn't wake up until almost 8pm.
Happy Halloween, everyone!! (No, this is not Kasey, but a picture that's been floating around the internet)Uncle Wes said we didn't have any trick or treaters here this year, but I was ready with Kit Kat's and mini Reece's cups! Once we turned the outside lights off I stuck them all back in the freezer so I can enjoy them at my leisure. Now I have some sweet snacks for when my almost-always-absent sweet tooth makes an appearance.
After I woke up from my nap, I went back to work on Amethyst Snowflake by Just Nan. The outline is finally complete!! I finished it at 11:54pm, six minutes before midnight. I started the diamond eyelet stitches because they're also in white, although it's #12 perle instead of #8. I figure I might as well get all the white stitches in and wash it once, rather than washing it and then finding out the eyelets need to be washed as well.My first errand tomorrow is going to be getting a few gallons of water from the store in which to hand wash Amethyst Snowflake. Unfortunately we're on well water here and there is alot of iron in it. I use a water filter, but I don't trust it to remove all the iron and not stain my stitching.
Another trade arrived today! I received four skeins of Soie d'Alger silk floss from Marcy in WI in exchange for a kit I sent to her. Thank you Marcy! ...and thank you for the extra skein; three would have been plenty!
I'm not sure if I'm going to get alot of stitching done this weekend. The local chapter of the Embroiderer's Guild of America is having a stash sale/swap at their monthly meeting on Monday morning so I have to get ready for that. Everything that I am not going to stitch or use is going with me. I have to print out my price list for all my charts and get everything into rolling totes that I can lift in and out of my truck by myself. I also have to remove the tape residue from my scroll frames so I can possibly get rid of them, too. I'm thinking the only thing that's going to work is sandpaper, so I may be going to Home Depot tomorrow while I'm out getting that water. The fun never ends, I tell ya!!
So here's your last chance: If there is anything in my For Sale or Trade blog that you would like, speak now! I am hoping that the turnout at the EGA meeting is good, and that everyone comes with stash to trade and money to buy things. The Saturday Interest Group affiliated with the EGA chapter is also having a stash sale/swap on the 15th and I have RSVP'd for that as well. My goal is to empty at least two of the four drawers of trade stash that I have. It would be great if I could trade or sell all the scroll frames because they take up so much room. Wish me luck!











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Stop with the morning thing - YOU ARE SCARING ME!!!! LOL
ReplyDelete