Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22, 2008

Today was busy! First I went to the post office to mail the remainder of my Christmas cards. After that I had to go to three different Wawas to get my iced tea and a sub. I couldn't believe my luck! My Wawa lost power and was using battery backup to keep their coolers going. Last week I couldn't buy anything there because their credit card system wasn't working.

I went to the Wawa on Rt 50 and as I was standing in line they announced that the credit card system just went down. The man in line in front of me said that he couldn't buy gas in Delaware this morning for the same reason.

I went home and put the spaghetti on the stove to warm because it was already 2:30 and my brother was supposed to arrive at 3pm. I called Ben to let him know I had to go across town to the Edgewater Wawa and have him stir our spaghetti when he got here. I can't believe all the people out shopping today! There was a mile-long backup for the Mall exit on Rt. 50. Thank Goodness I didn't have any more errands to run!

Ben was already here when I got back. And Kasey is NO guard dog! She was laying on the floor panting nervously so I put some Peace & Calming oil on each of her front feet. She settled down and went to sleep within five minutes and was perfectly fine with Ben being here after that.

After we polished off all the spaghetti I made last night we cleaned out the back seats of my truck so that I can put them down to expand my cargo area. Now there's a place for Kasey to lay behind the front seats. I've started loading everything into the "way back" in preparation for going to Mom's.

I talked to my neighbor's daughters today and asked them to keep an eye on the house for me. Their puppy was outside running loose so I let Kasey out to play with her. Daisy fawns all over Kasey and the two of them love playing together. They ran around our yards for about a half hour before I went outside and walked next door. The only way we can get Daisy back inside is if Kasey "leads" her. It works beautifully! Whenever Daisy gets loose they ask me to let Kasey out and she "catches" the puppy for us.

After Ben finished cleaning out the front passenger floorboard of his car we took the trash and recycling down to the end of the driveway. On the way down we passed my other neighbor. Tom hasn't seen Ben since he was little and didn't even know who he was. That made me laugh. Running into him like that gave me the chance to let him know, too, that I would be gone. So now both neighbors will be watching the house for me. Everyone offered to check on the cats for me, but I let them know they'd be okay while I was gone. It just makes me feel better to know they'll all be keeping an eye out.

I made myself leave the computer alone this evening and wrapped all my Christmas gifts. There weren't alot this year but I have a little something for everyone. I also wrapped my little sister's birthday present. Sarah turns 23 tomorrow. Happy Birthday, Pee Wee! Love ya!

The only things left on my to-do list are to pick up Kasey's brush from the Muddy Paw Wash and to pack our stuff. The truck is ready to go, except for stopping on the way out of town to get gas. I'm leaving earlier than planned because bad weather is moving in on Wednesday. I don't want to drive 80 miles in bad weather!

I found this chart and measuring tape in the package for Day 22. The chart is Star Delight by Needlemania and the tape measure almost matches the colors in it! This is going straight into my sewing kit! Thank you once again, Amy! Now Debi and I can stitch SD together! She already has the chart.

Use the links across the top of the page to find even more freebies, including monthly quilt squares:
http://juggybugdesigns.weebly.com/index.html

craftdesigns4you.com has both cross stitch and plastic canvas charts:
http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/free.htm

3 comments:

  1. I love the design you have chosen. It will beautiful when completed. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great exchange gifts - have a wonderful trip with your mom and a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!