Friday, January 30, 2009

January 29, 2008

Here is my un-progress of My Stiching Album. "Un-progress"? Yes, you read that correctly. I completed the entire lower motif around 3am.

Then I saw a mistake and frogged, then re-stitched it.

Then I saw a mistake in what I'd just re-stitched so I frogged that.

As I was frogging, I looked from one side to the other (because they're supposed to be mirror images) and found a mistake all the way over in that gold curlieque on the left.

There was another in the curlieque at the bottom (the unfinished one). Rip-it! Rip-it! Rip-it!

Four mistakes! Did you hear the curses flying out of my mouth? If you woke up around 3:30am because of a loud voice, that was me. I was ready to spit nails! I finished frogging and put the blasted thing aside before it got thrown across the room. Do QSnaps with fabric in them make good Frisbees? Hmmm, I wonder.

I went to bed at 4am, completely disgusted, and read my book for a few minutes to calm myself down. I turned off the light and fell asleep shortly after.

I'm keeping my ears open to discover where these frogs came from. Someone is missing their amphibious friends!

Kasey decided that I needed a wake-up call at 9:30 this morning! I was ready to wring her neck! Uncle Wes stopped by on his route to make himself his "lunch" and Kasey felt it was her duty to inform me that he was home. Or else she was complaining because her Unkie didn't take her for a walk. She wakes me up for that, too. GRR!

I worked a little bit on the cover of MSA, read emails, and checked out some blogs until I had to get ready to go to the Barnes & Noble stitching group at 1pm. Again, I was the only stitcher, but I had a nice time. And after my scare last week, I decided Kasey was going with me. I printed out the ADA summary that states that Kasey CAN be in the cafe with me, just in case someone said something to me.

I have to say, I was very pleased with the gentleman from B&N. He walked by the table, asked if Kasey was "a guide dog" to which I replied "She's a service dog." He gave me a thumbs-up and kept right on walking. That was it! Thank you, Barnes & Noble, for having staff knowledgeable of the ADA and its service dog provisions!

As for Kasey, this Mom is bursting with pride! This was only her second outing and she was marvelous! She acted like an old pro! I can't tell you how many people stopped by asking if they could pet her. She didn't get up once. My social butterfly had a total "I'm working" persona. She would wag her tail, thumping it against the floor, but she never moved from her sprawled position beside my chair. She didn't even get up to say "Hi" to the kids who wanted to pet her. I was amazed and so very proud of my girl!

This is a picture of Kasey "on duty" at Barnes & Noble today. I had to praise her mightily when one of the barristas started up the blender to crush some ice. It made a horrendous noise, the kind that she usually startles at and runs from. Rather than jumping up and worridly looking around, Kasey just popped her head up, noted that the noise wasn't coming at her, and laid her head right back down. Just like a seasoned veteran!

I think she's going to start going more places with me. She's progressing so much quicker in her training than I ever thought possible! The thing is, I really haven't "trained" her that much. She just does it! She knows when she has her training collar on that she's expected to act differently. Once I take it off, though, she's ready for human attention, and not just from me! All those around better start paying homage to the Kasey Kay!

After this morning's debacle with MSA, I chose to stitch on my gameboard during the B&N stitching group. If I couldn't get those curlieques right while listening to Classical Masterpieces, there was no way in the world I'd get them done while chatting with the other ladies! Straight lines and squares were perfect for today.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch - been there, it's painful, isn't it? But at least it's up and running now! Gameboard looks great. Glad Kasey has been doing so well - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so proud of Kasey too. What a good girl she is.
    Thanks you for the award. I saw it yesterday but didn't get a chance to post. You are so sweet to think of me. As for stitching and frogging well, I have a couple of pieces sitting in my basket that after two or three frogging episodes those pieces end up in my "maybe someday I'll try again" basket. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for Kasey! What a wonderful companion. Bummer about the frogging - but it seems that you have the patience to keep after it, which is an inspiration to me to pull out some of the UFOs I have in my stash due to too much frogging!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    I just gave you an award! Please stop by and pick it up!

    Kristi
    http://booksandneedlepoint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!