Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23, 2008

It's done! I put the last stitch into the "Survive & Thrive Scissor Slide" at 6:10pm. This is my second finish from The Cat's Whiskers Design Studio and for The Year of the Sampler.

I completed the back of the slide at dialysis this evening.


But I had a very rough night. At around 3am I woke up to use the bathroom and almost lost consciousness on my way back to bed. I knew I lost alot of fluid earlier in the evening but I felt fine when I went bed. I made it back into my room by touch, because my vision had gotten to the point where I was getting ready to black out, and flopped on the bed, putting my feet up to get the blood flowing into my head.

I felt better in a few minutes and went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water out of the fridge and immediately returned to bed. I took a few drinks and then fell back asleep. I felt okay when I woke back up this afternoon, but I was under my target weight when I arrived at dialysis. My pulse was soaring at 159 so it was very apparent I was dehydrated even though I didn't feel it.

I received extra fluids during my treatment and drank almost an entire half-gallon of lemonade tea but my blood pressure and pulse still weren't great. I'm going to take it easy this weekend and hopefully make some good progress on 'A Stitcher's Companion.'

7 comments:

  1. Gosh girl, that was scary. I hope tonight is a much better night. Take good care and congratulations on your second finish this year. Hugs to you, Kasey and Chetter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're taking a rest this weekend. It seems like you've been running non-stop for a month or so now. You deserve a break.

    Plus you have all those great movies from your advent-buddy to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please take sometime to rest, relax...and stitch :)...or catch up on some movie-watching. Take care, get plenty of fluids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty finish. Hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth,
    Please rest up and take it easy this weekend. Hope you feel better and get some good stitching time in.
    Love the finish!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!