Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 4-6, 2009

I'd love to be able to tell you that I've been stitching up a storm, but that hasn't been the case. In actuality, I've been sleeping like it's going out of style.

The only day I've stitched was Thursday at Barnes & Noble. I didn't do that much stitching there, either. Everyone said I looked tired; I certainly felt it! Since I'm on the most difficult part of my Lavenderblue Celtic Knot Quilt, I couldn't concentrate on the design. Instead of stitching, I ordered a pannini and chatted with the ladies. This is the little bit of progress from Thursday.

Just to prove my schedule has been severly off kilter, I woke up at 6am on Friday. I couldn't fall asleep again so decided to go out for breakfast. I don't usually eat breakfast but my sister and I were discussing crab omelettes this week. I have been craving one ever since she mentioned it. After two bites of my omelette at Regina's Restaurant I felt sick. I had the waitress box my meal and returned home to go straight to bed once again.

I read my book for a few hours and at some point fell asleep. I woke up at 2:40pm only to realize I was supposed to be at dialysis at 2:30. Late again! I didn't take my stitching with me because I have been too tired to devote any concentration to LCKQ. I tried sleeping but that didn't work either, so I read my book instead. Even if I'd taken my stitching I wouldn't have been able to work on it. My graft was still very sore from Monday when I scraped the inside of it by moving my arm too much.

Guess what I did when I got home after dialysis? Yep! Back to bed again! I finished the second book in the Christina Dodd trilogy and moved on to the final installment. At 9pm I finally got out of bed to play online at FaceBook and read some email.

I woke up at 4pm on Saturday after going to sleep at 11am. I know! I know! I was up wayyy too late! Those games on FaceBook are addicting, though! Farm Town, My Farm, Christmas Crunch, Bejeweled Blitz....just to name a few. They're a complete waste of time but I can't stay away!

I went next door for Sam's graduation party. The neighbors invited Uncle Wes and I to come over and it was a nice evening of chatting with some of our other neighbors. The only time we see them besides while driving by is at neighborhood gatherings. Jenny is a caterer and the food was excellent! I overindulged on Miss Betty's potato salad, but it was SOO good! Now I know her secret and will be attempting to make my own.

I came home at 8:00pm and soaked in the tub to relax. Then trouble hit. I drained the tub to wash my hair under the shower and almost lost consciousness. This wasn't the first time it had happened but now I know it's the combination of standing with my head tilted back and the water running over my face. I pushed myself to wash and condition my hair with several close calls. I had to lower my head below my knees more than once to stop the blurry vision. I went right back to bed and fell asleep until 10:30pm.

So now you see why I don't have more stitching to show you. I am hoping this coming week goes much better as I work towards returning to MY regular schedule.

5 comments:

  1. Did you mention this to your Drs? I hope you feel better very soon, and wish I could do something to help. Guess there is nothing better than sleep if that is what is needed ;-)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all happier to have you with us, than more stitching.

    But it's still a joy to see your work... and it just brings you down the level of us stitching-mortals. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Beth, that sounds worrisome. I hope you do get back on your schedule. Keep well please. Your celtic piece is really beautiful and progressing nicely. Pet the pets for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! when did you start using my sleeping schedule??? LOL

    i won't say it, ok, i will... please be careful!!!

    i really like your needlework project, that one may convince me to try one someday...

    hmmm....maybe you got swine flu from farmtown???? :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!