Friday, July 31, 2009

July 30, 2009 - We have a houseguest

Today was Barnes & Noble stitching group and I finished those blasted dia-monds! I didn't get alot of stitching done, but started filling in the two remaining squares. Once they're done, all that's left is the border! We had a really nice time and stayed until after 4:00.

On the way home, I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions and an antibacterial/ antimicrobial wash the doctor wants me to use. She said they don't want me becoming a carrier of MRSA, so to use it once a day, head to toe, and wash my hands more than ever.

Well, here they are! All three of 'em. Chet has successfully convinced Daisy that he's the meanest cat in the world. She gives him a wide berth and doesn't try to poke him with her nose anymore. The funny thing is that he's declawed and loves Kasey.

I pulled out some of the toys Kasey doesn't play with so that Daisy could chew them. She's much more rough with toys than Kasey. She's already pulled out two squeakers and taken the "tails" off a fur-covered ball. She's been a very good girl and doesn't try to chew on anything that isn't hers. I did have to hide Stinky Ol' Raccoon because Daisy pulled out some of his stuffing. She is not allowed to play with Kasey's favorite toys!

After taking the girls to the playground so that they could run, we came home to relax for the evening. Here's Daisy on Kasey's couch, fast asleep. Kasey prefers to sleep on the tile in the bathroom so she has happily relinquished the couch to Daisy.

Since Daisy is convinced of Chet's viciousness, she waited for him to finish eating her food before going to her bowl to eat dinner. I was very surprised to see this!




Here are the girls, peacefully sharing Kasey's couch. Kasey doesn't like having to share my attention and she barks at Wes when he is petting Daisy, but she likes having someone to play with. Daisy is also taking her cues from Kasey, so when Kasey's napping so is Daisy. It makes things much easier for me!

We took Daisy back to her house for the night but brought her back here because she was standing in the dining room windowsill, howling when she saw Kasey and I come outside. I felt bad about her being alone so much. We'll see how she does spending the night tonight.

If it works out, it will be much easier taking care of her while she's here instead of running back and forth between the houses. I still have to let the cat out in the morning and bring him in around 5:30pm, but that's not as bad as going over five times a day.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have your hands full, not only with the fur babies, that is "baby sitting", but with your lovely & exquisite stitching. You are handling everything with expertise just like a pro! Congrats, & sweet stitching to you my dear!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!