I know it's Tuesday and I'm supposed to be studying algebra, but I have some awesome news! Late last year, I applied for an apartment in a very nice building on the other side of the Severn River from where I currently live. This afternoon, I received a phone call asking me if I wanted a ground floor apartment that will be available in mid-December. I said yes!
I didn't jump right in and accept right away, but sat down with my checkbook, looked over my bills, and ran some numbers to make sure I could afford it. I also talked to the assistant manager of the building and will qualify for several programs that will help out.
I won't be driving any more or any less, really, because I'll be closer to school but farther from dialysis. Basically, instead of being 3 miles from dialysis and 7 miles from school, I'll be 5-7 miles from dialysis and 2 miles from school. I'm so excited! I really can't concentrate on math right now, so I'm just going to work on Intro to Computers instead. I'll save Thursday for my replacement Algebra study day.
That's basically my Tuesday every week: Algebra Study Day. It's going well, too. My class average is still over 100% because of extra credit points earned on the tests.
We're already in Week 11 of the fall semester, so there's just one month to go until finals. Wow, it has flown by!
On the stitching front, there's really nothing to show or tell. I haven't touched a needle since the first weekend of October. I have been completely focused on school, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.
Until the next time, take care and be safe out there!
Hugs,
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




That sounds like great news! I am happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new apartment!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new apartment! I hope your move goes smoothly and easily.
ReplyDeleteCongratuations on the apartment. I am happy for you. And I am glad to hear how well you are doing in algebra. Better you than me. LOL
ReplyDeleteI am so happy I feel tears in the corners of my eyes. You deserve all the nice things that are coming your way. I think you are a VERY special person.
ReplyDeleteLove, Judy from knitting
Awesome, Beth - glad it's worked out well for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, how exciting!!
ReplyDeleteBeth, A Million congratulations are in order - a standing ovation as a matter of fact. There is no one who deserves this wonderful break more than you! I hope it all continues to work out well!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Wawanna
I am just catching up on whats been happening with you lately. Wow - how things have changed in 6 months! I am so happy for you and of course Kassey. School sounds like a great thing for you both. An apartment of your own also sounds great - and I hope everything works out well! You go girl! You deserve it all!
ReplyDeletehugs, Cindy