Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grades are in!

Doing the "Four-Point-Oh!" dance!

That's right! I did it! Straight A's in my first semester in college. I am so happy right now, I can't even put it into words. Thank you ALL for your support and encouragement!

I know some of you were disappointed when I stopped stitching, but this proves the break was worth it! All the hard work and self-deprivation (from stitching, the computer, and television) paid off HUGE dividends!

...and it all starts again on January 20th. Next semester I'm taking College Algebra (Fall semester was a refresher course-comparable to Algebra 2), English Composition & Literature (Reading Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller, One of Ours by Willa Cather, and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald), and History of Women of the Western World.

I sign my lease in 3 days and am super excited. See you soon!

Hugs,
Beth

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Beth! What a wonderful accomplishment! I'm very proud of you. Hope you'll get to stitch a bit during you school break.
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just checking up on you and saw your wonderful grades! It must be beginers luck LOL. Your hard work paid off! Glad to hear you survived the elevator attack. I think I would be taking the stairs from now on! I hope you take pictures of the new apartment - how exciting! If I do not talk to you beofre - Merry Christmas and give Casey a hug for me. She deserves some of the credit too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! :) I loved the Great Gatsby; it was a wonderful book. Sounds like you are off to a great start and I could tell you were on Cloud 9 when we were talking. Give Casey a hug and tell her I miss seeing my favorite blonde!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!