Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Last Final

Is this evening!!!!

I did get a continuance for my computer class, because I fell so far behind in that one, but I have until mid-February to finish it. I'm hoping to have it done before Spring semester starts on January 20th, though.

I just started packing last Friday, but started feeling bad on Saturday and lost 5 days of packing time. It's only 8 days until I sign the lease! My brothers, and hopefully some of my friends as well, will be here on the 20th to help me move.

I still plan to provide food and beverages for all those who help. My brothers requested Yingling beer, but I'm hiding that until after they're finished. My mama didn't raise no dummy! :-)

Unfortunately, my new building has a strict No Pets policy, which forced me to find homes for both of my Himalayans.

I am pretty sure I found a home for Piper Kitty. A very nice lady, who was referred to me by a stitcher friend in Denmark, just happens to live about an hour away, would like to meet Pip, so we're arranging to meet after Christmas. Miss R already has two elderly Siamese, so Pippy can be their long-haired long-lost sister. Crossing my fingers, anyway.

Chet is going to live in Pennsylvania with my brother, Ian. I was heartbroken thinking about Bug not living with me anymore so Ee said he would take Chet. I feel much better knowing that he's staying in the family. I honestly was not willing to give him away. I'd actually planned on sneaking him in my apartment if I had to.

I haven't even thought of picking up a needle in months. I packed all my stash first, because it's what I use the least. Coming from a stitcher, doesn't that sound awful? It's the truth, though. A few of my knitting buddies have joked aobut teaching me to knit because it's easier to pull out and work on for a minute or two.

Alot of you probably don't know this about me, but in middle and high school, I loved Wood Shop class. I even worked after school on extra projects. In 8th grade, when I switched counties, I was told the project I chose to do was "too advanced." I got an A on it. The shop teacher happened to be a chauvanistic pig. He also didn't know about my previous shop class, which was much more advanced than his.

I told you about that because of these. They're Harmony knitting needles. Many of my friends use them, and I love that each age circle is a different color. I keep saying I'm going to buy a set of the circular ones (the ones connected by the cable) and hang them as decorations. Aren't they pieces of art?

Anyway, it's time for me to try to get some sleep. I went to bed last night and unfortunately woke up at 2:30. I started packing at 4am and still haven't been back to sleep. If I'm going to be awake enough to study and do well on my exam, I've gotta get some shut-eye.

I will have no email from Dec 18-22 unless I go to a wi-fi hotspot. If you email me during that time, I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Glad it's winding down tot the end of the sememster. Sorry to hear about your sweet kitties, but at least Chet is in the family. Good luck with the finals and your move and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're about done with the semester, good luck with all the finals. I heard about the Harmony needles on another blog recently but no picture. They really are nice...they say 'chakra' to me though. I'll be they are really soothing to use.

    And you packed what first??? Girl!!! Well, let's at least hope it gets unpacked pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, do be careful, don't overdo it! What an awful time of year to move! I'm just sick about the 'no pets' policy. That doesn't apply to Kasey, does it? I had a Himalayan before & they're wonderful. Wish I didn't live on the West Coast.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!