Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OMG, SNOW!

We have been inundated this winter with the white stuff. Another 10-20 inches is expected tonight through tomorrow afternoon. In keeping with the weather, I thought I'd post this recipe:

FRIED SNOWFLAKES

All you need is tortillas, frying pan, oil, and sugar of your choice. Fold and cut tortilla just like a kid cutting snowflakes, fry in oil till golden and sprinkle with sugar. Normally, people use powdered, but you could also use powdered AND sugar crystals! From what I was told, they fry up in about a minute…Make sure you allow them to cool before handling – they'll be very hot!


Kasey also had surgery yesterday. The cyst on her eyelid suddenly grew and therefore had to be removed. There are no sutures because the vet didn't want to irritate her eye any more, but I have an antibiotic ointment I'm putting in it every eight hours. She was still lethargic last night and had no appetite, but she's eaten some rice and chicken this morning. She also demanded to go with me when I had to make a run to the store before tonight's snow started.

School is going well, but I have classes Tues, Weds, and Thurs. I also have dialysis on Mon, Weds, and Friday, so I'm going, going going.... That doesn't leave much time for anything else.

3 comments:

  1. I hope Casey gets better soon. Try to get some time in there for rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that all went well for Kasey. I hope she is her old self in no time.

    And I hope the weather people are wrong. I WANT SPRING!

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,

    Glad to hear both you and Casey are doing well. How are your projects coming? Check out my blog post today for a surprise.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!