I had to be at the hospital at 5:30am because surgery was scheduled for 7:30am. They need the time to get an IV started (good luck!), draw bloodwork and get the results, and consult with the anesthesiologist and surgeon. Luckily I had my iPod with me and it kept me calm. My blood pressure was too low, so they decided to take another patient before me.
I had some unexpected time to work on Deftly Wrought while I waited for Dr M to finish up with her other case. I stitched part of the border on the fourth of the four mini-samplers across the top. I really hope I can finish this in the next week, becuase this sampler should stitch up fast.
After spending an hour in the Recovery Room, I was taken to the Observation Unit on the first floor of the Acute Care Pavilion, which is in the main building at the Anne Arundel Medical Center campus.Mom was there once I got to the Obs Unit and stayed with me all day. She went out to lunch in the cafeteria while I took a nap and had her word find book to keep herself occupied. I'd been given some Benadryl because I had a reaction to the antibiotic IV I was given in the operating room, so I slept off and on all day. I'm very sensitive to Benadryl, so it affects me for hours, if not days. Mom took this picture of me.
Don't I just look great! HA!Mom left around 7pm and I read and replied to e-mails in between dozing off due to the Benadryl. I was glad to have my laptop with me to keep me occupied.
I will post my daily pictures once I'm home. For some reason, I am able to make my blog entry, but I can't add pictures or look at the blog once it's published.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!