Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 16, 2008

I finished the third mini-sampler! One more to go and I can work on the border and the verse! I had to spend most of my time at dialysis frogging, though. I just couldn't get the right-side border in the correct place! I think I frogged it four or five times! But it's done now and it's correct! I'm going to start working on the last mini-sampler at the hospital today.

Yes, that's right! Today is the day! My parathyroid glands are being removed at 7:30am. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am, so I have 2 1/2 hours left. I'm all packed, except for an extra kit to stitch on. I can't decide what to take with me, but I'm leaning towards my Heart ornament. It's simple, and it's on Aida. Even if I have trouble with my eyes because of the anesthesia, I should be able to see 16ct Aida.

I will try to post in the evening following my surgery, as long as I feel up to it. Otherwise, look for my update on Friday. I have my Dolphin, Dipper, and my Beanies ready to go to the hospital with me. Most of the nurses remember me when they see Dipper. He always keeps me company in the hospital. I'll try to get a picture for you. I'm going to take a couple DVD's to watch on the laptop in case I don't feel like stitching, and I have my book packed, too. I shouldn't run out of things to keep me busy, that's for sure!

I've gotten many positive responses to the previous post and a similar one I made in my Multiply blog. I just got very angry when I found out how many people were taken advantage of and used, and couldn't sit aside without speaking up. I love my Groups. I think of them as a safe little world unto themselves, where everyone is your friend. To think that that world was invaded by someone so dishonest left me feeling sick, so I felt compelled to say something. And it's worked! She's resigned from Stitching Fanatics without saying why, and she was kicked out of CCS, according to the owner of one of my Groups. We'll see if there are any other repercussions.

13 comments:

  1. I didn't put my good wishes in a group email because I knew you would have tons of them to read. Please be asured my thoughs and prayers are with you and I hope you have a speedy recovery and are back with us 110% in no time.

    Hugs,
    Rene la Frog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    I love your mini sampler. It's going to be so beautiful.
    Get plenty of rest before you head home after your surgery.
    Kudos to you for exposing the taker abusing the generous people in your groups.
    I can't wait to hear that your successful surgery is over.
    Rita E in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! That's a nice design.
    And good luck to you - I hope everything will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for your procedure and recovery Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking great, good luck at the hospital today thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. iT IS CUTE. i LIKE the colors used. ~Mary in TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Like the colors ~Mary in TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth, It's beautiful. Great stitching.
    Sandy P. from CSF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Sampler Beth! Take care and get out of the Hospital soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks good and I wish you the best with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work you have here! It is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sampler looks great, Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth, cute sampler. It was great reading your blog and learning a bit more about you. I also checked out your dialysis blog..I am glad you are now home with Kasey and hope all continues to go well...
    take care of yourself...
    see you on the net!
    Healing Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!