Friday, March 14, 2008

March 13, 2008

True to form, I didn't do any stitching on my non-dialysis day again. I went out today and ran errands most of the afternoon. There were two trades, a RAK, and an exchange that needed to be mailed. I also returned the exercise ball and band set that I bought at Border's when Mom and I went out for my birthday. There just isn't room in my house for a 26" ball.

I picked up two coffee table books while I was at Borders: The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Dogs, Dog Breeds, & Dog Care and Reader's Digest Step-by-Step Sewing Course. They were both in the "bargain book" section. The Encyclopedia was only $6 and the Sewing Course was $4! Can't beat that with a stick, right?? I think the Sewing Course will come in handy. It's cover boasts "Essential Techniques for Making Over 150 Creative Home Projects." I'm thinking "Finishing Ideas!" I'm also hoping it will help improve my skills in using Grandma's sewing machine!

I went to Sam's Club for lunch. I love their pizza & Icee's! When I was done eating I did a little shopping and picked up some treats for Kasey and a Corned Beef brisket for tonight's dinner. Finally, I went to the farm supply store to get vaccinations for the kids. They only had dog vaccinations, so I got Kasey's and will have to order Chet's and Piper Kitty's from Drs. Foster & Smith online. Bowen's was my last stop because the vaccine has to be kept refrigerated.

Once home, I put the brisket on the stove to simmer, put my groceries away, and started making a list of all my charts and what I still need in order to completely kit them up. The more I look at everything, the more convinced I am that I've reached S.A.B.L.E. For those of you who don't know, SABLE means "Stash Aquisition Beyond Live Expectancy." The S.E.X. is great, but I feel bad knowing I'll never stitch it all. No,I didn't just talk dirty! That means Stash Enhancement eXperience, so get your mind outta the gutter!

I'm already way behind on my stitching goals for this year as it is. I haven't finished a single sampler yet this year. I was supposed to do one every two months. I also have five bread covers and two ornaments from February to do, plus March's. So you see why being in this stitching slump is bothering me? The other disturbing thing is that I'm not sure what started it.

1 comment:

  1. I think the slump has to do with you feeling so much better and being able to do more things. Now you have the energy to do more things so you are taking advantage of that and getting it done. Don't stress the stitching time; it will all come back to you before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!