I didn't make much progress on my pocket sampler today at dialysis. Between eating, talking to the techs, watching a really funny episode of Little House on the Prarie, and discussing some things with my dietician, my treatment time seemed to fly by. This is all I got done today. Instead of stitching when I got home, I played with my new stash! That's right, it was a great mail day! My prize from Karen of SNS2's January Goals Contest arrived today. She kitted up Good to be Home from Heart in Hand and added an extra piece of 28ct Lambswool linen and a skein of Dried Thyme from GAST. The note she sent along with everything said "Beth, after your long hospital stay, I couldn't pass this up. Enjoy!" Karen, thank you for your thoughtfulness. I'm definitely going to love stitching that one!
My order from Shirley at Country Cottage Framing & Needleart also arrived! My Dinky Dyes charts are here! I've been drooling over Southern Stars since I found it at the Online Needlework show in October of last year. I also discovered Heirloom Embroideries, which is only available through Dinky Dyes Designs.
I got Charmed Dreams and Medley. Shirley sent me all the silks, beads, and embellishments for the charts. Also included in the order was the Just Nan chart Queen of the Needle and its embellishment pack. I know there are alot of people doing a SAL with QotN and I really can't wait to get working on these, but I have that pesky Stitching Challenge to complete first! After fondling the silks and embellishments I worked on cutting Aida for other charts in my stash. I have a few I think will look really good with the Aida I've chosen for them. I've really got to get out of this stitching slump, so if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE HELP! I thought switching projects would do the trick, but I'm back to old habits. I'm not doing any stitching at home still.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!