Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 22, 2008

I made myself stitch today. Last Monday marked the three-month anniversary of my start on Deftly Wrought by Midsummer Night Designs. I had tons of laundry to do, but I stitched between loading and unloading the washer and dryer. Now that Mom and Dad have moved the tv downstairs, the livingroom is nice and quiet. I set up my OTT lite on the end table by the couch, put the footrest up, and have a nice stitching spot.

Mom asked me to go downstairs at 9:00pm so that we could watch the Enchanted DVD she bought when she and Dad went out this evening. Unfortunately, Dad picked up a Blue-ray DVD, so we couldn't watch it. Then we tried watching Mission Impossible: Three, but there was something wrong with the DVR recording and it wouldn't play. We also tried watching Madea's Family Reunion with the same results. Dad was learning new songs in his music room, so Mom and I ended up watching my DVD copy of Dreamgirls. I got it for my birthday and watched it right away but Mom hadn't had a chance to see it yet. About halfway through the movie she said "I think I'm going to buy the whole soundtrack from iTunes!" I have to agree that the musical performances are excellent. Jennifer Hudson deserved that Oscar!

I stitched on Deftly Wrought while watching the movie and made some great progress. The four mini-samplers across the top are done, so there's no more stitching over one! I'm so glad to finally have that part completed, you have no idea! Now all I have to do is the verse, finish the border, and the band of flowers between the verse and mini-samplers. I'm hoping this will be done in a week. I'm really pushing myself to get it completed so I can go back to work on my Stitching Challenge. I promised myself that I wouldn't add any more pieces to my list of UFO's, so this has to get done. I put it down 2 months ago, so technically it became one, but it's a WIP now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!