Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23, 2008-Morning News

Well, the fun just doesn't stop, that's all I can say! I got a call from my dialysis clinic telling me that a 10:30 spot was open if I wanted it and of course I said yes. I got there right on time and went into the treatment area. Mai Lou put the first needle in and there was no bloodflow. Some not-so-nice words and expletives escaped my lips. I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated, ticked off, fed up, disgusted...I'm sure you get the idea.

The bottom line is that I will be having the third surgery this month on my right arm. I haven't even had the sutures from the last one out for a week and I'll be getting more! Just when I get back to stitching, I'm probably going to be forced into another hiatus. And to make matters worse, I'm probably going to have to have a chest catheter so I can get my dialysis treatments while the graft is healing, which means I won't be able to go swimming this summer. I was so looking forward to swimming at Uncle Jay's!

This is a picture of my progress on Terra Australis as of 4:56a.m. I worked on it a little bit longer after I took the picture, but I only got half of another motif done.
I'm going to try to get a little more done before I go to the hospital tomorrow and will post an update here as soon as I can, on both my post-surgical status, and any progress made on Terra Australis

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog again I have been thinking about you so much and wondering how you are Since you left the groups I lost touch I am so sorry things are not going good I have been bad myself and then I think of you and I am great Please keep in touch a little with me I enjoyed our phone calls Sincerely Kathy Bradford

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!