Monday, June 23, 2008

June 22, 2008

Today was a really rough day for me. I went to bed at 5:00 this morning and awoke at 6:15. And that's when the fun started (yes, I'm being sarcastic). I have no idea why, but I was severely dehydrated and almost lost consciousness walking to the bathroom. Sheer willpower kept me from falling, but I must have blacked out at some point because the big toe of my left food was in throbbing pain for hours yet I don't remember stubbing it on anything.

I made it out to the livingroom and walked into the kitchen to snag the big jug of water from the refrigerator. I tried to call Uncle Wes's cell phone to get him to come up and help me, but he and Kasey were out for their morning walk. His phone was in the basement and just rang until the voicemail picked up. If you're wondering why I'd bother calling when I thought he was just downstairs, it's because I knew I couldn't call out loud enough for him to hear me. I'm not kidding when I say I was on the verge of unconsciousness.

I was taking every supplement I could think of to combat the dehydration, too. Luckily I have sodium and potassium pills on hand at all times, as well as Lomotil to slow down the fluid loss. Unfortunately this has happened before and the pills are the only way I can replace all the missing electrolytes quickly; I just am not able to drink fast enough to replace them without the pills.

But all that gave me an excuse to sit in my recliner and finally get some stitching done! I finished LHN's Stars and Stripes at last!! I guess all my frustration just made me more determined to get this piece done. So here it is; my 26th finish of 2008:
Since I put the last stitch into Stars and Stripes at 10:30pm, I had time to start my next project which is Terra Australis by Dinky Dyes. This is the second square in my SAL with Debi M. She will be working on The Dreaming once she gets a couple smaller projects completed.

I don't know what it is about these quilt squares, but they stitch up much faster than you'd imagine and they're fun, to boot! While I haven't gotten my floss order from Wasatch Needle Crafts, I have enough floss left over from stitching Southern Stars to get a good start on Terra Australis. I should be okay, though, as I expect the shipment to arrive tomorrow.

This is my progress on Terra Australis as of Midnight:

If you don't see my blog updated until Wednesday, please don't worry. I plan on going out of town to visit family as long as I feel up to it after dialysis tomorrow. I will be back in Annapolis in time for my treatment Wednesday, but I won't be online until I get home that evening. Mary Ann only has dial-up service, so getting online is more hassle than it's worth. Besides, I plan to stay busy catching up with her and Millicent because I haven't been over since just before Christmas. Between my illness and hospital stays in January and February and Millicent falling and breaking her hip back in January, with a subsequent emergency hip replacement surgery with a month in rehab, we haven't had time to get together since last year. As you can imagine, we have alot of catching up to do!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful Beth, i love that design. Great stitching. Sandy P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish, Beth. 26 -- good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finish! Take care of yourself and update the blog with all the fun stuff from your visit when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, congrats on your finish.
    Debra in Indiana

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!