Monday, July 28, 2008

July 27, 2008

Today started with total frustration. Shortly after midnight, I finally found the mistake that had been niggling at my brain every time I looked at Mount Coot-tha! It wasn't a minor one, either. The realization began last week when I thought the upper left set of ribbon and bow motifs weren't centered between the two flowers. Then, as I was stitching the border I began to see the border wasn't lining up with the design as it should. Not only did I have to frog the ribbon and bow motifs, but also the flower and leaves in the upper right corner. It took six hours to get back to where I was before the frog attacked, but I continued working on the border afterwards.

My day also ended in frustration over the fact that Mount Coot-tha is taking so long. I decided to put it away for a few days so that I can work on a few smaller things. I don't want to burn out like I did when I was working on Deftly Wrought, so I took it out of the Q-Snaps and started this cute little JanLynn kit Sue V gave to me. This is called "Good Dog" and comes with a pre-printed mat, so I only have to stitch a small oval in the center. I'll probably add this to my inventory for the store over in Greensboro.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great; sorry you are having the froggy blues on this one. Good idea to start a small project to take your mind of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the frogging Beth. It looks great though as well as your new project. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Beth , sorry about the frogging , but I think it is worth is ... it is so beautiful !!!
    Patti xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!