Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 28, 2008

I was a little restless last night and continued stitching Good Dog. Then my Stitching ADHD hit and I just *had* to start something else, too. I picked up one of the Miniature Quilt Collection kits Miss Deborah from Clinton, IA, sent me. The one I started is called Grandma's Flower Garden. Everything, including the perforated paper and the silks, are provided in the kit. This is going to be very cute when finished. You have the option of stitching on the bright white or the antiqued side and I chose the antique side. I think the colors will look better with the aged look.

When I took it out of my stitching bag at dialysis, I realized that Good Dog isn't just a JanLynn Kit, it was designed by Alma Lynne. I think this is a very cute design, but I can't claim to be a fan of everything she's done. It's coming along, but I didn't have much time to stitch during my treatment today. I'm back down to 2 1/2 hour treatments rather than three hours, and I had to spend about half my treatment on the phone.

I totally forgot the date and realized over the weekend that my surgery to change the tubes that hold my kidneys and ureters open is on Thursday. I was supposed to get an appointment to have a doctor give medical clearance for the surgery and found out there were no appointments until mid-August. I called the prep team at the hospital and was told that the clearance I got at the end of May is still good, but I'll have another EKG when I get to the hospital on Thursday morning. My technician, Faye, faxed over my bloodwork to them so now everything is taken care of. All I have to do is show up...at 5:30am. If you want to see a real walking zombie, you should be around me at 5:30 in the morning. Luckily I get to sleep the rest of the day because of the anesthesia, so I'll make up for the early morning wake up call.

I actually got some stitching done this evening, continuing to work on Good Dog. He's coming along nicely, isn't he?

I've also been thinking about taking Deftly Wrought out of UFO Pergatory and finishing up that verse. I'm not making any promises, though!

3 comments:

  1. A good start on flower garden.

    I hope and pray all goes well on thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new WIO's a great and you made a lot of progress !! Keep on stitching , girl !!
    Patti xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope surgery goes well this week. Get lots of rest before you go because I'm not too sure if you will get much afterwards but I could be wrong. (I'm remembering my stays after each child was born and there wasn't much sleep getting done by me even with them taking the baby!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!