Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 9, 2008

The sutures are gone! Dr M snipped the loop off one end, pulled on the other, and the sutures were out! Now let's just hope I don't have any more for a long, long time! I left the steri-strips on to keep the incision from stretching. The hematoma is still about the size of a golf ball so the skin around the scar is under alot of pressure from it.
I was able to stitch on Mount Coot-tha during my treatment and made good progress today. I'm very pleased with now much I stitched. I've completed the third circle of motifs around the center checkerboard and am hoping I can get the fourth done tomorrow.
And as far as my dialysis, Dr M said to go at least another week on the smaller needles, so that means my treatments will be three hours until I go back to my regular needles. That just means I have 25 more minutes of uninterrupted stitching time!

We'll see how much stitching I do tomorrow, however, because I have errands to run: A Golden Retriever to bathe at the Do-it-Yourself Dog Wash, drop off a prescription at the pharmacy, and mail Debi's envelope at the Post Office. I'm pretty sure Kasey's bath will be free, because you get a free drink from the coffee bar after six baths, which was last time, and the seventh is free! I may just pay them $7.50 so they'll bathe her for me and go run my errands to save time.
She hasn't had a bath since this episode in March when she discovered that she lived on Weems Creek. Everyone thought I was crazy for paying to take her to the dog beach across town when I live on the water, but I was vindicated when this picture was circulated! There IS a method to my madness! (YES! We went straight to Muddy Paws then, too!)

Tomorrow night I will be working "House" at the Annapolis Summer Garden Theatre during Forever Plaid! The show starts at 8:30, but I have to be there early to straighten the seats and clean up any trash around them before the show starts. It's a great way to see live musical theatre for free! I'll let ya know how it is, but I've never seen a bad show yet, and my little brother, Ben, has been in seven of their productions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!