Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 15, 2008

I had to drop Kasey off at home first thing this morning so that I could attend an Exploratory Career Assessment at the Department of Rehabilitation Services today. It was supposed to last from 9am to 3pm, but I finished by 2:15 and even did some of the Day 2 activities.

I went straight to dialysis, where I tried to stitch but ended up sleeping instead. Since I have to be back at DORS at 9:45 tomorrow morning, I didn't pick Kasey up after I finished my treatment. It was quite lonely here at HHHRC without her. I found myself starting to say something out loud to her and then quickly cut myself off after remembering she wasn't here with me.

The fact that I have to be here at all is outrageous. Apparently Medicare won't pay for outpatient IV infusion. So, because I have to get an IV antibiotic for a HALF HOUR EVERY OTHER DAY, I am stuck here and the taxpayers are paying $225 a day for me to be here. Talk about a waste of money!! No wonder our national debt is so high.

I was about to go ballistic tonight when I realized that I can't finish Charmed Dreams. First, the directions say to "treat the medallion before attaching to the fabric." TREAT? With WHAT? Are directions included?? NO!! So now I have to track down the webpage of the manufacturer to find out just exactly how this medallion is to be treated. Second, the gold beads weren't included with the order. I honestly thought that after having to wait for over two months for the charts and other embellishments, the beads would be here, but no Mill Hill 40557's. It's not like I only need a couple though! This chart calls for 82 of the suckers!

I completed all of the stitching on Charmed Dreams and put half the mauve beads on. At 11:24pm, I dropped the entire container of mauve petite beads across the floor. Guess what color the flecks on the linoleum tiles are? You got it! I spent about an hour and a half using strips of paper medical tape to pick all those stupid things up. Every time I got up, I stepped on another. Luckily I was barefooted so none of them broke. Next, I had to take the beads off the tape strips and put them back in their original container.

At least the Cowboys won!! The Monday Night Football game was great! Kasey wasn't here, so I didn't get any more funny looks for yelling at the television. You should have seen her last night during the Indy game. She thought her mommy had gone nuts! She kept looking at me worridly as I was yelling at the Colts to "knock him down!" and "Run!" I was probably even worse during tonight's game because I love the 'Boys.

1 comment:

  1. The piece is looking gorgeous, though, and is worth sticky taping up the beads off of the floor...okay, the iece is looking gorgeous and they should have put the stinking beads in a more stable case. When you contact them about the gold beads, I'd mention that.

    Feel good and how much longer are you in for?

    Happy wandering!

    The Writer...and her dog, Bear

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!