Friday, September 19, 2008

September 17, 2008

We had a meeting this morning with the Director of Nursing, the Unit Head, and the Discharge Coordinator. The DoN was worried about germ transmission if other patients petted Kasey. They asked that I not let other patients downstairs pet her and that I get her groomed. I took her to Muddy Paw Wash where they washed, brushed, and dried her. They even put a baby powder cologne on her so she smells nice and fresh! She got new tennis balls that have squeakers in them as her reward for being a good girl. Realistically, they were the only thing in the shop that she didn't already have and would like. She has all the stuffed animals and she doesn't like the rubberized toys. I haven't opened them yet, but when I do I will get a picture of her with one of them.

Dialysis went okay, but I didn't get any stitching done because I slept the entire time. So much for taking advantage of the 3 hours of my treatment to stitch! I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I'm sure it's because I didn't have a chance to take a nap like I've done every day that I've been in HHHRC.

I picked Kasey up from home and came back to HHHRC. I received my antibiotic infusion right after I got back and just took it easy for the remainder of the night. I made some more progress on TTTST. I've had very spotty internet since arriving here, so I haven't spent as much time chatting with friends online, nor have I been able to post my blog updates on time. I was told that the ISP for HHHRC is in Houston, so they must still be having intermittent trouble with their power. There's nothing I can do about it, so I'll post when I'm able.

I did a little bit of stitching on Take Time to Stitch Too after I returned to my room this evening. I had to turn off the lights and go to sleep when my eyes started closing on me.

Since I haven't had the internet to occupy my time, I've been watching movies and going to bed early almost every night. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend August Rush with Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Myers. It was a wonderful story! For you action junkies, I saw Transformers and really liked it. I remember watching the cartoon as a child and I was very impressed with the effects in the movie. I don't know if they've left it open for a sequel or not, but it was an enjoyable movie. At least it wasn't a waste of time like Nim's Island or Definitely, Maybe. Those two were STINKERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!