Friday, September 19, 2008

September 18, 2008

Today was another lazy day. There was nowhere I had to be so Kasey and I just slept in and relaxed. To relieve the monotony, we went upstairs to the nursing home floor to play Bingo for an hour. Kasey slept by my feet and I stitched and played my two cards. I didn't win any games, but it was nice to get out of my room for a little while without having to drive anywhere.

When we got back downstairs, I continued working on Take Time to Stitch Too. I made some really good progress today! I got all the boxes done and started on the Algerian Eyelit and the Rhodes Squares in Box 2...and then the frogs attacked.


You can see that I'm already starting to frog as I took this picture. Then I discovered that not only was this one box one row short, but the entire outer border was one row too short. I made the mistake on Day one, which I just can't figure out. Apparently I have some kind of mental block about doing these types of borders. I had the same problem with Medley in June. I re-count over and over again but I still seem to mess them up!
This is where I wound up after all the frogging was said and done. And believe me, I said a few not-so-nice words!! I'm surprised I didn't singe Kasey's ears.

I talked to Carol B tonight and she is going to get me three tickets to Rennaissance Festival for Mary Ann, Diana, and me. Carol won't be able to go this time because she's been back and forth to the hospital with her mom all week. Mrs. B was finally admitted with a nasty infection and Carol just sounded worn out. We're going to meet up somewhere tomorrow after dialysis so that I can get the tickets from her if she doesn't meet us at Renn Fest on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!