The discharge coordinator came in to tell me that she had a couple different people working on getting me my medicine early so that I could go home today, but the Unit Head later told me the plan was to discharge me tomorrow. When I explained that it would be better to get the IV early because the medication is removed from the blood during dialysis, she agreed and my nurses soon walked in with the antibiotic. They let me know that the IV nurse was already on call to remove my central line, but wouldn't arrive until 4 or 5pm. I get to go home!!
Right after my IV was done I had to take Kasey out. She started her "pee pee dance" as soon as my nurses walked out of our room after connecting the IV. I told her she was going to have to wait and she just laid on the floor with her Stinky ol' Raccoon until I told her it was time to go outside. She hopped right up and trotted to the door of my room.
Once we were back inside I started packing. I had NO idea I'd brought so much stuff with me! The laundry just piled up, too! I'm going to be doing a ton of it when I go to Mom's this weekend, that's for sure!
We arrived at the house around 5pm and went for a walk right away. We just strolled leisurely down the driveway, around the nursery school, and back up Mrs. A's driveway. It was a reassuring walk for Kasey, showing her that we were finally getting back to normal; that today wasn't another quick drop-off and Mom disappears for several hours. We got back to the house and I crashed into my chair after bringing in just three of my bags.
The best part was that my internet connection works 100% of the time at home! I posted to my groups that we were home and sat in my recliner stitching away on Take Time to Stitch Too by Jeannette Douglas Designs. I didn't make as much progress as the last two days because the little over-one urn drove me
bonkers, but I made progress nonethe-less. I even started on some of the outer border stitching. The W and V are done so now there's just twenty-four more letters to stitch!











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Glad you're finally home! I'd volunteer to do your laundry but since we are so far away from each other it would be kind of hard to get them here and back. I've been doing laundry since yesterday morning and I still see no end in sight!!
ReplyDelete