Thursday, September 25, 2008

September 24, 2008

I was finally able to sleep in my own bed! You really don't appreciate something that simple until it's taken away from you. Even after going to bed before midnight I slept past 11:00 this morning. It felt wonderful! I was away from home for a total of sixteen days this time, bringing my total for the year to more than fifty days in the hospital and rehabilitation. Unfortunately, that is the most time in one year I've spent in the hospital but I hope to never get anywhere close to that number ever again!

I spent the morning watching The Waltons episodes that were recorded while I was away so that I would have room for all the season premieres this week. Kasey and Chet seem to have settled right in and the morning was nice and quiet. I was able to get through my emails quickly and even did a little stitching on Take Time to Stitch Too. I wasn't able to make much progress because my arm was aching too much. In fact, I couldn't even stitch at dialysis. I have to say that today was the worst my arm has been since surgery on August 26.

Instead of stitching at dialysis I read a book. It's another Lisa Kleypas historical romance. Some of the same characters are in this book that were in the last one I read. I like when books intertwine like that. It's not touted as part of a series, but I suppose, in a way, that it is.

Today was the first day of the
Online Needlework Show. Make sure you stop by to browse and register for door prizes. I got all the way from A Kitty Kats Original to X's and Oh's. I believe there were 23 door prizes that I registered for. There are some really good ones this year, too! I was surprised last year when I received a chart from three different designers. While I was browsing, I took the time to save pictures of designs for a wish list that I've created on my Multilpy and Webshots pages. Now I can see the designs and have someplace to point anyone who asks to see my wish list.

5 comments:

  1. Great to "see" you at home! It does fell great to sleep in your own bed.
    I went through a third of those Online Needlework Show vendors and entered all the door prizes, too. Also I saved some of the interesting designs that caught my eye. Great stuff there!

    Take care!

    Pirjo
    http://pirjoka.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are back in the comfort of your own home. You have been through a lot and it must be just wonderful. I love the project you have posted. Can't wait to see it done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about sleeping in your own bed. After my surgery last year, I was so sick of sleeping on the sofa. But it was entertainment central and when you're on meds... you're up at all hours of the day and night. My bed sure felt good when I was able to sleep in it! Glad you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to finally go home but now where did you go?! You must be getting caught up on tons of stuff. Drop me a line when you get a free minute so I know you are settled back at home from your trip to your Mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog , best regard from Belgium .
    have a nice weekend.
    Wonderfull template of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!