Saturday, October 25, 2008

September 25-27, 2008

Thursday: I decided to finally start stitching some bread covers so that I could hit my goal of 100 finishes this year. I only have 31 finishes so far, so I have a long way to go. Today I did a Jack o'Lantern from one of my chart leaflets. I usually don't do borders, but this one just set it off with the design being so simple.
I also started another bread cover, Christmas Love. It's a little over half done as of midnight.

Friday: I finished my Christmas Love bread cover and a small stitch'n frame I received as a RAK from Cindy. These are my 33rd and 34th finishes this year. Right after dialysis, I headed to Mom's for the weekend. Her neighbor needed me to walk the Salukis for him. It really wiped me out so I know I have alot of recovery in front of me. Luckily all I had to do was walk Shandi and Nemo a couple times and give them their dinner, but I'm going to be taking it easy after today.
Saturday: Mom, Bre, and I went to Good's Store in Quarryville, PA for some fabric shopping. Good's is an old-fashioned general store that sells a little of everything. Bre got a notebook, some stickers, and a new doll while Mom got quilt batting and I picked out several cuts of fabric. This is what I found. The fabric on the right is the one I'm going to use for my 11" QSnap cover.

Once we got back to the house Bre and I did one of the felt projects I bought for her at JoAnn's. We used a Build-a-Bear kit to create a Fairy Pouch. Sorry, but I didn't take a picture when we were done but Bre whip-stitched it together by herself! I was so proud of her!

This is what Cindy L sent me. Thank you, Cindy! It didn't take me long to open one of the small kits! And you were right on with the Victorian Violets and the Stars and Stripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!