Well, I pulled another all-nighter and completed the medium stars. I finally called it quits when I used the wrong color for one of the small stars. I was able to complete the small stars at dialysis and square off the top one. Now I just have to finish squaring off the rest of them and fill in the black background. Once all that is done I will decide what Needle Necessities color to use for the outer border. With everything being varigated and having to use four plys, the NN is the only floss that has sufficient amounts remaining to complete the entire border.Hopefully I'll have a finish tomorrow but I won't be online much because I'm expecting to run some errands, go to The Stitching Post to pick up my Ebb Tide kit, and I have the Heirloom Stitchers' meeting tomorrow night until 8:30. It'll be nice to get together with other stitchers to compare progress and see their work.
When I got home from dialysis I found a couple packages of goodies had arrived. The mailman has been very good to me lately! So here's what arrived:
First, I found my October Consolation Prize for the Chatty Stitching Exchangers' NASCAR Game. Glenda sent me ten skeins of DMC in Blanc, Ecru, 154, 158, 163, 166, 371, 471, 554, and 562.
I also found my trade from Frishawn. I sent her two Vermillion Stitchery charts and she sent me these gorgeous fabbies. As a surprise, she included skeins of Dinky-Dyes silks in Mother of Pearl, Gum Leaves, Jacobs Ladder, and Ningaloo. Thank you for the RAK, Frishawn. DD silks are my favorite fiber to stitch with!I took this picture tonight when I looked over and saw Kasey sleeping. She's been driving us bonkers all day. I don't know if it's the change in the weather or what, but she's been jumping around and being obnoxious. Last night she even got into the trash bag by my recliner and shredded the tissues and trash inside. For that, she did get a tap on the nose. It's the fourth time in two weeks she's done it
and it's getting old. The minute she got in from her evening walk with Uncle Wes she was woofing at me like she needed to go out. Cherie reminded me that it's for times like these that I have Peace & Calming oil. I put a drop on each of her front feet and then let her outside. She went to her spot outside the carport door and laid down to watch the goings on around her. She spent about an hour outside and then came in to sleep on her couch. That's when I took the picture.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Stars are looking fantastic but when do you sleep you exchaust me just reading this lol
ReplyDeleteHope you are keeping Well
Happy Stitching
Shellie
Can't wait to see the finish! OK - you have to tell me. What in the world is Calming oil for a dog? (Other than the obvious) Would it work on my cat????
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty needlepoint piece.
ReplyDelete