Around 1am I decided to go soak in the bathtub and then go to bed. Well I soaked for about an hour, but the going to bed afterwards didn't come about. Instead, I came back out to the livingroom and stitched the night away. I listened to the soundtracks of Showboat, South Pacific, and Ken Burns' The West. The time seemed to just slip by and before I knew it the sun was up and Uncle Wes was awake. I still kept on stitching, though
The wall of exhaustion struck around 8:30 this morning so I finally went to bed and slept til 4pm. Chet and Kasey slept right along with me, except Kasey went outside with Uncle Wes for a while. She loves rolling in the leaves and chasing the birds and squirrels away from the feeders. That literally puts a smile on her face.
Once I was awake enough and had gotten something to eat, I went back to work on Eight Pointed Stars. I just can't believe how much faster I can stitch with the laying tool Wawanna sent me! It's so much easier to get the strands of
floss to lay parallel, too! That, combined with the fact that I eliminated the rest of the Eyelet stitches in favor of Rhodes Squares, allowed me to get the entire left side filled in today. The only thing left on this side is the colored border but I'm saving that for last. I haven't decided what floss I'm going to use for that yet.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




You'll be done in no time at the rate you're stitching this! WTG
ReplyDeleteThis is looking just fantastic Well done you
ReplyDeleteIt looks so beautiful. Can't wait to see more of it
ReplyDeleteWow, you are smoking on that piece, I bet your needle is too hot to handle. Can't wait to see it finished.
ReplyDeleteCJ
wow, you are moving right along on this
ReplyDelete