Here is the entire colorway! The stars will repeat going counter-clockwise on the other side of the center star. The light purple small star at the top is Grape Jelly by Six Strand Sweets. The next is Needle Necessities 1481. Then I used Weeks Dye Works' Peoria Purple. The small star at the bottom is Needle Necessities 176. That's all the purple-y-ness I've used so now you can imagine how it will look when completed.
I also started filling in the blank areas in the medium stars. I've used DMC 4030 and I think it really helps set off the stars. I almost changed my mind last night when I saw the green in the floss, but I really liked the look once I got it in.
I'm having alot of fun with this design. Picking out the colors was a little nerve-wracking, but the result is worth it! I've decided to make another change in the design but this one won't be as noticeable. Instead of using eyelet stitches throughout the background in varous areas, I'm going to do Rhodes Squares. The eyelet stitches I've done so far took alot of effort to get the needle in the center hole after 15+ stitches, not to mention the 32nd one! The Rhodes Squares are the same size and I don't have to try to get two strands of floss into the same hole dozens of times.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Wowww, Beth, this is going to be fantastic !!!
ReplyDeletePatti xx
Your needlepoint is beautiful, Ilove the colors you have chosen, I can't wait until you have it finished.
ReplyDeleteCJ
What lovely colours!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you enjoyed the RAK - and you are supposed to be surprised, aren't you? :)
Thanks for the tag, too - I have revealed some of my secrets and tagged some people I'd like to know more about.
Nicely done Beth. This piece is moving right along and I also love the colors and threads you've chosen. You'll have this whipped out in no time. Glad you're enjoying the project, that always helps.
ReplyDeleteI love your colors - this is going to be beautiful!
ReplyDeletewow, you have made amazing progress
ReplyDelete