I stayed up til 6 this morning and completed all of the remaining black background in Eight Pointed Stars. Uncle Wes laughed at me because when I let Kasey out he heard me say "Hurry up and go potty so I can go to bed. I'm tired." Why the laughter? Well, he WAS just getting ready to leave for work, yanno! I think that's why our living arrangement works so well; I go to bed as he leaves for work and he goes to sleep shortly after I get home from dialysis.

I was determined to complete Eight Pointed Stars today! All I had to do was the outer border, but it took me almost until midnight. I put the last stitch in at 11:28pm. I decided to use the Needle Necessities color that I'd used for one of the small stars, 1481. I know I let the "purple-y-ness" explode in this piece, but I'm very happy with it. It looks completely different from the chart, that's for sure!
Eight Pointed Stars by Northern Pine designs is my 43rd stitching finish and my 51st finish of the year. I've now tied my total from 2007!
There was a Piper Kitty sighting! I know I mention her now and then, but until two days ago I didn't have a single picture of my rescue Himalayan, Piper. She was abused by the children in her old home and doesn't like dogs so she stays in the basement in Uncle Wes's den. She's gotten better in the five years she's lived with us, but she will still bite if you try to pick her up or if you pet her on her belly. So for those who have joked that I've been making her up, here she is!
In today's mail I received the PIF I won from Meari! She made me this scissor fob. The star has designs on it that look like styalized embroidery scissors. Thank you, Meari!!I will be making a post for my own PIF later this weekend, so get ready to sign up! I'll explain the rules when I make the post.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Congrats on finishing 8-pointed stars. I think it looks great, Beth! Piper kitty is adorable... Thanks for the warning about biting, LOL Thought about wanting to scoop her up and cuddle, but not if she bites!
ReplyDeleteGlad the PIF arrived safely. :)
Eight Pointed Stars looks fantastic in those colours. What wonderful floss choices! Piper Kitty is beautiful, does she mind being brushed?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the finish, Beth! Eight Pointed Stars looks great :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful piece! You did an excellant job! Kathy O-NM
ReplyDeleteYour finish is gorgeous! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteFabulous finish! I see that you are have already started another.
ReplyDeleteHow close are you to 100 finishes for the year?
CJ
And this is your first needlepoint? No way! You have dine a spectacular job! Congratulations, time to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteBig congratulations on your first needlepoint finish!! It really turned out beautifully. You picked great colors!!
ReplyDeleteCute fob!!