Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 14, 2008

After waffling about what project to start next and doing a floss toss for A Stitcher's Companion by Enchanting Lair, I opted to start Ebb Tide by Northern Pine Designs. I stitched on ET from about 2am to 6am and this is my progress so far. This is Leah's Overdyed floss, a new fiber for me. The canvas is 18ct Leventeen Blue. As you can see, I have my Little Helper stuck to one of the pins so it's in easy reach. These Rhodes Stitches are easy to do once you get them counted out, but each rectangle has 84 steps to it!

I was going to backstitch the page outlines for ASC, but ran into a problem with the floss colors. Tell me what you think...

Here's the Platinum linen:

Here's the Purple Horizon Lugana:I purchased two pieces of Platinum linen for this chart on Tuesday. It says you can fit everything on an 18x27 piece of 28ct, but there are hardly any margins and it has to be exactly as they have it laid out. I bought an extra piece of 13.5x18 so that I would have more room for excess. I only have the one piece of Purple Horizon and it is only 26.5 inches long so I have even less area for margins. I've ordered another piece of the PH and am keeping my fingers crossed that it matches the piece I already have. I had a frequent buyer credit with Karen at
Wasatch Needlecraft, so I used that to purchase the fabric.

So did I make the right choice? I just don't think the Mother of Pearl (far left in top picture) works with the Platinum linen. It looks really good on the Purple Horizon, though. Since the chart is designed for Dinky Dyes silks, I want to stitch it using them. I prefer to use stuff that's already in my stash, though. With the holidays coming I am trying not to buy stash unless I need it and don't have a substitute.

I'm still working on kitting up my Just Nan charts with the Soie d' Alger I need, but I have a long way to go! I have all the colors listed on the sidebar of my
trade blog, so if you have any and would like to trade, please let me know! I will be adding more items to my trade blog in the coming week. I have many more items than just the charts, kits, and fabric listed! Keep an eye out!

For the second "night" in a row I slept til after noon! I'm getting back on my schedule at last. Today was a dialysis day, so I had to get dressed and get going. Uncle Wes came in from his walk with Kasey last night and said "I hate to tell you this, but your truck window is down two inches." He took me keys went out to put it up for me. It was miserable yesterday, so I expected to find a puddle of water in my rubber floor mat. Just some drips. My seat wasn't even wet but I put a towel over it any way, just in case. The door panel and the carpen by the door sill seem to have taken the brunt of the wetness. All I can figure is that the oak tree stopped most of the rain from getting in directly and what came in rolled off the roof. Thank Goodness for small favors!

Treatment went fine, but it was freezing cold in there again so I was huddled under my fleece blanket instead of stitching. I told the director, and I wasn't kidding, that I refuse to sit there and freeze my butt off. I WILL ask to be taken off the machine and go home if they don't stop playing with the thermostat! It is incomprehensible to me how someone can turn on the air conditioning in November, for crying out loud! My tech finally went and changed the thermostat; it was 66 degrees! I'm sorry to rant, but the temperature of the treatment area is a constant problem. Us patients are always cold because the vents are directly above our chairs. The techs who are doing all the walking around don't have vents blowing on them so they keep it colder and we freeze!

After leaving the freezer, which warmed up once Faye turned the heat up to 85, I went to the bank to get some change for tomorrow's EGA Stash Swap/Sale. I sat down when I got home and sorted all the charts and kits so they're in some sembance of order for people to browse. I have everything in small plastic tubs inside five rolling totes so they're easy to transport.

I have to be in Columbia at 10am, so it will be a morning for me! UGH! Just when I was getting back to my regular schedule, I have to see moring again! The up side is that I'll be able to look for more great stash deals! Wish me luck! I'm hoping there are more cross stitchers there than there were at the main meeting on the 3rd, and I can actually sell some charts!

4 comments:

  1. I received an e-mail the other day from someone selling these blankets with sleeves. When I read your post I thought of it immediately. It looks like you are wrapped up totally in a blanket but it has sleeves so your arms don't get cold. I will try to find that advertisement and send it to you. You can take it with you to the next treatment and tell them to purchase it for you since they keep it like the North Pole in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get the fabric straight - I like the PH, too. Nice start to Ebb Tide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple horizons is a great choice! Nice start on your needlepoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is late, but I vote for the purple fabby. I think it works much better, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!