Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 15, 2008-EGA Stash Swap

I know the suspense probably has you on the edge of your seat, so here is what I picked up today. Unfortunately, I spent more than I took in. I was disappointed because it didn't seem that many people were there to spend money, but everything that didn't get sold at the swap will be going into my trade blog! Believe me when I say there is ALOT of stuff! I heard more than once today that I have tons of stash. The sad thing is that what was with me were the items I won't use. I have three plastic cabinets at home full of things I want to do!

First off is a RAK from Kathy Y. These Better Homes & Gardens Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazines were issues on my wish list.

This was my biggest purchase. I apologize for not getting names, but I didn't see nametags on most people. The lady who had these items was the only person that had more stash on display than I did!

I was able to get Mary Engelbreit's Wrap It Up!, Old-Time Tools & Toys of Needle-work, Victorian Needlework Techniques and Designs, Dear Santa I can Explain by Lizzie Kate, 14x18" 25ct Wedgewood Lugana, The New Carolingian Modelbook (Counted Embroidery Patterns from Before 1600), If I Stitch Fast by Waxing Moon Designs, 15x18" 28ct Blue Monaco, Stitching Banner by Creative Moments, 15x18" 28ct Rose Monaco, To Ornament Their Minds: Sarah Pierce's Litchfield Femal Academy 1792-1833, and 43 Horses from Jeanette Crews' One Nighters Series.

Lois came with Caron Impressions floss in Williamsburg, 7001, and Opal.


The Spanish Sampler by The Samplar Workes, Queene Besse's Cheese Boarde by Leon Conrad Designs, and Jean Hilton's Atherton were all freebies.


Good House-keeping's Complete Book of Needle-work, The Dictionary of Needlework (facsimile of the 1892 Edition), and The Complete Encyclopedia of Needlework were $1 for all three.


This is the Winnie the Pooh "Stacked Pooh" kit. I plan on stitching it for Anna and Caleb.



Stoney Creek's Colors of Freedom and Hinzeit's Fancy Mini-Block USA were just $3.


These 13.5x18" pieces of Jobelan in 28 and 32ct were only $5 and the Caron Wildflowers in Williams-burg and Abelone were $3 for all four skeins.

Glad Tidings by Ewe & Eye & Friends. This will be added to my Year of the Sampler pile of charts.
This is my favorite new find! This 1930's sewing kit was just too cute to pass up for $5. It is disguised as a doll's rocking chair but you can plainly see the spool holders on in the arms of the chair. The cushions double as pin cushions.


The back of the chair has an emory strawberry and a wooden pocket to hold other supplies.

Since the cushions were a bit dingy and only held on the chair by four upholstry tacks, I removed the tacks so that I can re-upholster them with some fabric from my stash. I've only gotten so far as to cut the lacing and throw away the old batting and fabric.





5 comments:

  1. You did really great, all amazing finds! Enjoy! I love the old needlebooks, the little chair & that blackwork chess board. What a great buy on fabric & floss. Too bad you live so far away because I would have had a ball looking through everything, sort of like hunting for treasure,

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You sure do have great stash finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul - but I love the little chair - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!