Sunday, November 30, 2008

November 29, 2008

It was starting out as another lazy weekend at home when the phone rang early this afternoon. Joe had to go up to New York again and needed me to take care of the Salukis for him. So I got my laundry together, packed a couple stitching projects, and headed up to Mom's for the weekend.

Mom and I spent most of the evening putting her fall decorations away and getting the Christmas/winter ones out. We played one game of Skip Bo after dinner, which was mostly Thanksgiving leftovers. Amid all of that I washed all my clothes and linens.


I have no idea why, but I was exhausted by 10pm. Mom and I went downstairs to sit in the family room and enjoy the new pellet stove. After feeling how warm it kept the entire basement, I now understand why my grandmother had hers removed and said it was too warm. I could deal with that, for sure! No one would ever be cold in my house. Most people would probably have to bring shorts, it was
that warm!

I saw a link on another blog and thought I'd take the test. According to
Typealyzer, I am one of The Performers:

"The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

They enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions."



I have to admit that this description is mostly true, except that I don't like entertaining in person. I don't mind entertaining people with humor in my blog, but I'm definitely not a party person. I like quiet too much.

I didn't do any stitching Saturday so we'll see how Sunday turns out. I have to walk the Salukis (in the rain) several times while Joe is gone.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting... I got the same rating when I put in my blog name.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!