Tuesday, December 2, 2008

November 30, 2008

I still didn't do any stitching today, but Mom and I went shopping this afternoon! I'm getting a new Kodak digital camera for Christmas! We were looking through the sale ads in the newspaper when we ran across a 9.2 megapixel Kodak for $99.99 at Staples. I've been telling Mom that the camera she gave me for my 30th birthday is probably on its last legs, as it itermittantly gives me trouble. She was planning on getting me the camera for my 34th birthday but decided to add it to my Christmas presents instead. I can't wait! New electronic toy to play with! hee hee!

We also went to Big Lots, the Dollar Tree, and Walgreens. We were supposed to just pick up two trees in urns for Mom's front steps at Big Lots but winded up getting alot of Christmas shopping done. Some of the stuff they had was at "unbelievable prices!"

I had to walk the Salukis in the rain, which was miserable, but luckily Nemo didn't flip out because his feet were getting wet. He's such a typical desert dog when it comes to rain. Shandi, on the other hand, is the only Saluki I had in 15 years that liked water. She even enjoyed swimming! So of course, she slogged through any and every puddle she could. Meanwhile, Nemo tried a couple times to "plant" himself on the road and I had to start pulling him until he decided to walk again.

I finished their last walk around 8:30 and called Joe to see how he was doing. He had called me while we were out and was still on the Jersey turnpike in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Unfortunately, he had to go into New York City to pick up Susan. He said they wouldn't be back until after midnight, but that Shandi and Nemo would be okay for the night. I offered to come back over around 11:00 to walk them again but he said that wouldn't be necessary.

Mom and I ate the rest of the Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner and then played a couple games of Skip Bo before going to bed. Something about being in someone else's house puts me to sleep at normal hours...

I thought! I soaked in the bathtub until I started falling asleep but was wide awake by the time I got in my bedroom. I repaired the liners for Anna's Crocs so that I wouldn't have to take them home with me. Why not do something productive since I couldn't sleep anyway, right? It was just whipstitching the seams that had separated so there wasn't much thinking to it.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!