Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 1, 2008

It's finally December and I get to open one of my Advent Exchange gifts from Amy M of Chatty Stitching Exchangers each day til Christmas! I've alredy opened Day 1 because Amy told me they were cookies and she wanted me to eat them before they were stale. I have been enjoying them and Kasey has tried to use ESP to make me drop one (I gave her a little nibble here and there, to be sure!).

Otherwise it was an uneventful day. I missed the EGA Christmas party but I knew there would be no way I could get to Ellicott City from Elkton in time. I had trouble getting out of bed at 10:30, let alone 7:30 if I were going to the meeting!

I didn't stitch at dialysis because I just didn't feel like I could concentrate on it. Also, my eczema has been flaring up for the last two months and my right thumb was raw and sore and has been since Friday. I decided to give my hands a break from fabric and needle, aside from repairing Anna's shoe liners, to allow them time to heal some more. My fingertips are finally 100% healed from the Steel Syndrome that caused the cuts and excruciating pain back in September/early October so now I'm just dealing with the eczema. It usually causes more itching and flaking than pain but I think combining that with the winter dryness exacerbated the whole situation. Great timing huh? I have Christmas presents to finish!!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch on the eczema. I have it as well as psoriasis. I can so relate. Though luckily I don't get it on my hands. Jusut my back, stomach, legs, and arms. The only thing I have found to help is a combo of lubriderm and aveeno menthol. The menthol is very soothing and helps with the itch. It also help healing.
    kathy
    PS I have a new blog at blogspot. kathystitchcommnets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!