Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 4, 2008

I finally slept til after noon! I'm getting back on my schedule! I hate the time changes because it always takes days for me to adjust! I've been trying to stay up until the exhausted headache starts to make itself felt so that I could possibly adjust faster.

I waited until 3:30 to leave the house to go vote. I didn't want to hit the lunch rush or wait so long that I got caught in the after-work crowd. Luckily I was able to get in and vote without a wait. I don't care who you voted for, but I hope all of you who were able made it to your polling place to cast your vote as well. I also went to the Main Post Office to send Frishawn a trade and then stopped by the bank on the way home.

Okay, don't fall over, but I started a needlepoint project today. There's not a single cross stitch in this design, so it'll be a nice change of pace for me. This is Eight Pointed Stars by Northern Pine designs, but I've already changed two of the colors. Instead of the Caron Watercolours, I've used DMC Perle #5 in 1355. Instead of DMC 932, I chose DMC 3766 to match the turquoise in the 1355. I will be making more changes as the project progresses because there was alot of orange used. I'm not planning on using any of the oranges.

5 comments:

  1. The needlepoint pattern is one I saw recently and considered buying. The only thing putting me off was the colours. I am not very good at choosing colours to go together so shall watch your progress with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you certainly did well with all your goodies you bought - I must check out Northern Pine as there seems to be a lot of nice stuff there... love the colours you have chosen on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for trying something new! I will enjoy watching your progress and I like the color changes you've made. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off to a good start! How did you like the overdyed pearl? I just used some for the first time & like it. It seems to have a shorter repeat of each color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While XS will always be my #1 choice, you're right - needlepoint does make a nice change. Northern Pine has such pretty designs, too! Nice start to yours and it looks pretty already!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!