Thursday, November 6, 2008

November 5, 2008

Remember yesterday when I said to watch for more changes in Eight Pointed Stars? Well, I've already changed one of the changes I made. To the left is EPS when I returned home from dialysis. Something about it just bothered me. I knew which fiber it was, but I didn't know what to do about it. The varigated DMC 1355 perle cotton just assaulted my eyes whenever I looked at it. That yellow just seems to scream at me, it's so bright. I love the Needle Necessities #178 I used on the outer star but I didn't feel that it tied in to the 1355 perle. Also, to me, the perle looked coarse surrounded by all the smooth, silky DMC and over-dyes. I emailed a picture to Debi to see if it was just me, or if she felt the same way about the 1355.

And she did! So out it came!

I cut the 1355 out and got all the little remainders off with tweezers. I replaced it with specific sections of Dinky-Dyes' Tutti Frutti. There was alot of pink in the skein, but as I've said before, I am not a pink girl! I lucked out that the Tutti Frutti had the same shade of turquoise in it as the 1355, so I didn't have to frog all those alternating scotch stitches, too.


The next glaringly obvious change I made was the black around the larger star. The stitch guide tells you to use white floche. Looking at the picture on the cover of the chart, the white makes it look cheaply made. As a matter of fact, if I saw this chart in a store there is no way I'd purchase it! It's just ugly! I plan on purpling it up, and I have decided to use black for all the fill-in around the stars. I'm very pleased with how it's making the blues and purples pop out at you.

This final picture is my progress as of midnight. I didn't do a whole lot of stitching once I returned home, but that will change tomorrow because I don't have dialysis!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is looking great! Love the purple-y-ness of it all. :) (I'm not sure purple-y-ness is a word, but it works LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making excellent progress! I really like the colors you have decided on so far. Can't wait to see it finished ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the changes you've made - this will be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the color change you made. I agree, it does look better. Seems to really blend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!