Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 31, 2008

AAKK! Foiled again! I was planning on going absolutely nowhere and doing absolutely nothing today, but Kasey changed my plans. She woke me up from my nap at 1pm to tell me she needed to go outside.

I only slept from 2am til 6:30am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and chatted with Debi and Cherie P before she went to work. I went back to bed at 10am when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I needed that nap!

At 2pm, I woke up because Kasey was barking outside my bedroom window. I went to the door to let her in and all I saw was BLACK mud going half-way up her back legs. I called her back to me and she was wet from her chest down. Quickly I called the Muddy Paw Wash and found out they were open. I told Kyle to let Scott know I was bringing Kasey right over and that she was a MESS!

Mike was manning the register today and he quickly got one of the bathers to take Kasey back. I felt so bad! He was still pulling sticks and leaves out of her 30 minutes later! It took about an hour and 15 minutes total whereas a normal bath takes 45 minutes. Kasey was very happy and relaxed during the whole thing. That's the reason I have *them* bathe her even though it's a DIY doggie wash! When I bathe her, she won't go up the ramp into the tub, she tries to sit the whole time I'm washing her, and she freaks out when the blow drier starts up. It's just much less stressful if they take her and do it.

While I was waiting I ordered a large Chai, which was free because this was Kasey's 4th bath since my last free drink, and ate the remainder of my Wawa Italian sub that I bought on Sunday before dialysis. I chatted with Teresa, one of the owners, after Kasey was done. Scott, the manager, has told her about me and Kasey being a Service Dog team and how happy Kay always is. We were talking about SD access and training and some of the things Kay does for me.

I watched the ball in Times Square fall tonight, turning the tv on 45 seconds before midnight. I just can't stand noise any more, I tell ya! I've gotten really bad about that in the past year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish you good health, great friends, and lots of stitching time! My wish for myself is that I have a better health year in 2009 than I did in 2008, and that I get to spend more time with my family and less time in the hospital! I also wish to complete Kasey's SD training and hope that she, Chet, and Piper all stay healthy as they get older.

10 comments:

  1. Glad Kasey was clean once again. Hope you have a wonderful 2009! Looking forward to keeping up with you and yours through your blogs, e-mails, etc. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Beth! Kasey is beautiful and your cat looks just like my mil's.

    Hugs,
    Kim P in MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Beth! Kasey looks beautiful and your kitty looks just like my mil's cat.

    Hugs,
    Kim P in MO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beth you exhaust me just reading your blog. you are an inspiration to me and I love reading what you have been doing. Kasey is adorable and so are the cats. I am glad that Kasey could be bathed when you needed it for her. I wish you a healthy and happy 2009. My family has certainly has it's fair of horrible stuff in 2008, with my son being bashed and having his jaw broken and then my son having his leg badly injured in a nasty car crash, me having a cancer scare and my dad having heart surgery. I am so glad that 2008 is finally over and we can all look forward to healthier, happier times in 2009
    Take care
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have noticed that things rarely go according to plans (grinning). Life has a bad tendency to always interfere.

    You have a lovely dog :-)

    Pierrette =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. Short hair has some advantages, LOL. Glad everyone enjoyed the cleanup in their own ways. ;)

    Best wishes for a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your end of the year wrap up. Kasey looks like she knows she was in trouble kind of. She is not happy about her pictures I think.
    Yes, I am one of those worry worts and if you do not update daily or every other day I get worried. Just showing you we all care about you!
    Hope your New Year is much healthier in 2009! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all your needlework finishes this past year!

    I hope that 2009 finds you with better health and a very happy life. And tons of stitching, too, of course! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pets...gotta love them (cuz it's illegal to strangle them those times when you really would love to LMAO) It's almost as if they say to themselves "i haven't caused trouble in a few days, it's time to rock and roll!"

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!