It's Day 4 of the CSE Advent Exchange. Today's package held the Happy Independence Day Bent Creek Snapper! This is a very cute design and looks like a quick stitch. I'm going to add this to my 2009 stitching pile, for sure! I don't understand the snaps, though.I get why it's called a "snapper," yes, but can someone explain what benefit the snaps provide to the design? Honestly, *giggle* (growing up with 3 brothers is going to show here...) they look like nipples sticking out! I'm SORRY! I can't help it! They do! Why put silver snaps in the middle of a design that's all yellow, red, white, and blue?!
I woke up a little early and took Kasey to the Muddy Paw Wash to be groomed before heading to Mom's. The introduction between her and Jake went off without a hitch. Mom arrived home from work about 10 minutes after Kasey and I got there. I was sitting on the front steps with Jake on one side of me and Kasey on the other. Mom said it looked like Kasey had a "Mini Me." I laughed and told her that's what I'd just told Ms. Sheila next door, that we had a Golden and a Mini Golden.
Kasey behaved like the good girl she is, but I did use the Peace & Calming oil to settle her down some. She was a little excited and nervous at first but promptly chose a spot on Mom's stone-tiled floor and went to sleep. We had a relaxing evening, played some Skip-Bo, and did some searching online for rescue Goldens. Now that Mom knows Jake is okay with girls, she wants to get a Golden. She's been looking for a long time for when Jake passes, but now she doesn't want to wait to adopt another Golden.
Ready for the freebies? Here you go!
I just re-discovered this site and thought it was too cool not to share. Ever wonder what your Mirabilia, TW, or L&L design will look like on different hand-dyed fabbies? Well, now you can and you don't have to stitch them! If you have the address of your favorite design, you can put in its web address to "try" different fabbies, too! Check out http://www.stitching.jekdesign.com/FabricChoices.html
Here is the freebie page for Crossstitch.com. While you can join for $12 a year and receive unlimited downloads, I'm including this because they have a very nice free Breast Cancer Ribbon design. There are others as well, so stop by and take a gander.
http://crosstitch.com/free.shtml
Need to convert text into cross stitch or backstitch? This site will do it for you, in the style you choose.
http://www.stitchpoint.com/eng/tool/alph/_alphabet_generator.php











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Nipples, huh? you crack me up!
ReplyDelete